Pc Games And Virtual Humiliation.

This is another silly thought of mine.
When playing HL2 at the train station level, I ve been forced to pick up
the soft drink (beer?) can thrown deliberately by the Combine Guard and
I feel so humiliated .
I was so upset that I have to "impulse 101" to kill him rather than
picking up the can to pass through...
This is one of the rare times I've been humiliated by a virtual
character.
The taunting of the AI in all deathmatch games could sometimes generate
such a feeling of humiliation.
One hour later I decided to change game, I play Vampire: TM Bloodlines,
ans I saw this demurely and mysteriously beautiful lady standing in the
bar and I approached her for a conversation....And I was humiliated by
her again....
No matter what I said to try to woo her......Her replies are so
insulting and hurting....
It 's quite amazing of pc games nowadays that they could even generate a
feeling of humiliation in the psyche of the players, those developers
are getting cheeky now.
It is surely wrong to feel humiliated by a few lines of codes and wav
files, maybe there is a too-sensitive side of my subconciousness under
my grubby bear-like look?....;)
16 answers Last reply
More about games virtual humiliation

    "dan" wrote

    > This is another silly thought of mine.

    :-)

    > When playing HL2 at the train station level, I ve been forced to pick up
    > the soft drink (beer?) can thrown deliberately by the Combine Guard and
    > I feel so humiliated .

    Hehe, I had forgot about this scene when playing HL2 first time
    I was busy exploring and throwing cans etc
    What happened was that I throw a couple of cans at the stupid guard before
    he told me to pick anything up
    I thereby broke the script or I wasn't paying attention :-)
    Ok he went at me with the stick (at the trainstation the beating won't hurt
    you)
    I backstepped to the door I came from and waited
    After a few moments the guard left the entrance and I could proceed and gave
    the sodamachine a treat - LOL

    - Peter

    dan proclaimed...

    > It is surely wrong to feel humiliated by a few lines of codes and wav
    > files, maybe there is a too-sensitive side of my subconciousness under
    > my grubby bear-like look?....;)

    That's why keyboards are cheap and plentiful. They're secondary use is
    for bashing.

    --
    AGHL Newsgroup, IRC FAQ & other: aghl-stuff.tk
    Homepage: stri.tk

    "Forget about it"

    In article <41E4E1E2.3757AE8B@nowhere.com>, dan <nemo@nowhere.com>
    wrote:

    > This is another silly thought of mine.
    > When playing HL2 at the train station level, I ve been forced to pick up
    > the soft drink (beer?) can thrown deliberately by the Combine Guard and
    > I feel so humiliated .

    :)

    When I first got to that point, I picked up the can and threw it in the
    guard's face, just to see what happened. I'd not read any spoilers, so
    had no idea you *had* to do as he said.

    The can bounced off his gas mask, and dropped neatly in the bin first
    time. He let me through very politely... 'what a nice place, this City
    17 is', I thought....

    ___
    Neil
    AKA HighVis

    On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 19:37:54 +1100, dan <nemo@nowhere.com> wrote:

    >One hour later I decided to change game, I play Vampire: TM Bloodlines,
    >ans I saw this demurely and mysteriously beautiful lady standing in the
    >bar and I approached her for a conversation....And I was humiliated by
    >her again....
    >No matter what I said to try to woo her......Her replies are so
    >insulting and hurting....

    Personally, my favorite was " sure, let me get my coat. I left it with
    the guy who's getting some from me tonight". Ouch!

    Erik

    On 2005-01-12, Peter Lykkegaard <polonline@hotmail.com> wrote:
    > "dan" wrote
    >
    >> This is another silly thought of mine.
    >
    >:-)
    >
    >> When playing HL2 at the train station level, I ve been forced to pick up
    >> the soft drink (beer?) can thrown deliberately by the Combine Guard and
    >> I feel so humiliated .
    >
    > Hehe, I had forgot about this scene when playing HL2 first time
    > I was busy exploring and throwing cans etc
    > What happened was that I throw a couple of cans at the stupid guard before
    > he told me to pick anything up
    > I thereby broke the script or I wasn't paying attention :-)
    > Ok he went at me with the stick (at the trainstation the beating won't hurt
    > you)
    > I backstepped to the door I came from and waited
    > After a few moments the guard left the entrance and I could proceed and gave
    > the sodamachine a treat - LOL

    I'm only on the 3rd level of HL2 so no spoilers for later in the game please :)
    I remember this bit at the beginning, but rather than feel humiliated I
    felt defiant!
    If you pick up the can and throw it over his shoulder he mutters
    something about needing to be taught some respect and lets you through.

    --
    Toby.
    FT: 250 DK Bongo Stars

    "Peter Lykkegaard" <polonline@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > "dan" wrote
    >
    >> This is another silly thought of mine.
    >
    > :-)
    >
    >> When playing HL2 at the train station level, I ve been forced to pick up
    >> the soft drink (beer?) can thrown deliberately by the Combine Guard and
    >> I feel so humiliated .
    >
    > Hehe, I had forgot about this scene when playing HL2 first time
    > I was busy exploring and throwing cans etc
    > What happened was that I throw a couple of cans at the stupid guard before
    > he told me to pick anything up
    > I thereby broke the script or I wasn't paying attention :-)
    > Ok he went at me with the stick (at the trainstation the beating won't
    > hurt you)

    Lol actually the beating doe shurt you...I have been beaten so much by these
    gards that I died (b4 I had my suit)....

    "Toby" wrote

    > I'm only on the 3rd level of HL2 so no spoilers for later in the game
    > please :)

    It's the first level when arriving in the train
    But you're right :-)

    - Peter

    "Craig Coope" wrote

    > Lol actually the beating doe shurt you...I have been beaten so much by
    > these gards that I died (b4 I had my suit)....
    Hmm it's right after you have left the train - first level
    I haven't experienced this?

    I'll give it a try
    Later on when you have left the trainstation the stick will hurt you

    - Peter

    Really? I had no idea you could die at this point. There is no health
    meter. I'll try it like I'm a sado-masochist, hoping they beat me to death.

    DaveL

    "Craig Coope" <coope1999@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > "Peter Lykkegaard" <polonline@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > "dan" wrote
    > >
    > >> This is another silly thought of mine.
    > >
    > > :-)
    > >
    > >> When playing HL2 at the train station level, I ve been forced to pick
    up
    > >> the soft drink (beer?) can thrown deliberately by the Combine Guard and
    > >> I feel so humiliated .
    > >
    > > Hehe, I had forgot about this scene when playing HL2 first time
    > > I was busy exploring and throwing cans etc
    > > What happened was that I throw a couple of cans at the stupid guard
    before
    > > he told me to pick anything up
    > > I thereby broke the script or I wasn't paying attention :-)
    > > Ok he went at me with the stick (at the trainstation the beating won't
    > > hurt you)
    >
    > Lol actually the beating doe shurt you...I have been beaten so much by
    these
    > gards that I died (b4 I had my suit)....

    You mean you didn't try throwing the can at his head? I love doing that.
    Walk up to the Columbine and throw things at them. They follow you around
    and give you a beating if you don't run too far.

    I like the way that first guy laughs if you do put the can in the basket.
    "Hurr hurr"

    > "Craig Coope" wrote
    >
    >> Lol actually the beating doe shurt you...I have been beaten so much by
    >> these gards that I died (b4 I had my suit)....
    > Hmm it's right after you have left the train - first level
    > I haven't experienced this?
    >
    > I'll give it a try
    > Later on when you have left the trainstation the stick will hurt you

    Wel you could be right...it may have been outside where I died....

    "Craig Coope" <coope1999@hotmail.com> wrote > > I'll give it a try
    > > Later on when you have left the trainstation the stick will hurt you
    >
    > Wel you could be right...it may have been outside where I died....

    I'm sure I died inside the trainstation too, before I got the suit. In fact
    I know I did.
    --
    David
    davidfirewater(a)hotmail.com

    "dan" wrote

    > When playing HL2 at the train station level, I ve been forced to pick up
    > the soft drink (beer?) can thrown deliberately by the Combine Guard and
    > I feel so humiliated .

    Allrighty - I have just run through the first level until the chase starts
    You can take all the beaten you can get until the first combine raid in the
    flat
    After that episode take care :-)

    - Peter

    > "dan" wrote
    >
    >> When playing HL2 at the train station level, I ve been forced to pick up
    >> the soft drink (beer?) can thrown deliberately by the Combine Guard and
    >> I feel so humiliated .
    >
    > Allrighty - I have just run through the first level until the chase starts
    > You can take all the beaten you can get until the first combine raid in
    > the flat
    > After that episode take care :-)

    I did the same thing today to make sure....and I didn't die in the train
    station...but I'm sure I have done before!...

    Also I have noticed that if you go to the guards outside next to the
    armoured truck (infrotn of the barrier) and they hit you...the screen goes
    all white like you have had a photo taken and you are magically
    "transported" to the opening just behind u where the ladder leads up...

    "Peter Lykkegaard" <polonline@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    >until the chase starts
    > You can take all the beaten you can get until the first combine raid in
    > the flat

    I messing around in those rooms....I always have to throw the TVs out of the
    windows true rock-star style...

    Also I have even gone so far as to take the missing tic tac toe (naughts and
    crosses) block (from that 2nd room) back down to the play park to see if it
    did anything.....

    Suddenly, Craig Coope sprang forth and uttered these pithy words:
    > Also I have even gone so far as to take the missing tic tac toe (naughts and
    > crosses) block (from that 2nd room) back down to the play park to see if it
    > did anything.....

    Yeah, I was a bit dissappointed there was not some secrets like this. It
    would have made the replay more fun for (semi) puzzle types like me :)
    --
    aaronl at consultant dot com
    For every expert, there is an equal and

Games Video Games