IE can't visit some webpages

As I visit a webpage, there always pop-up a alert and said
something like "access to the port number given has been disabled for
security reasons"
what is wrong?
2 answers Last reply
More about visit webpages

    lectrer wrote:

    > As I visit a webpage, there always pop-up a alert and said
    > something like "access to the port number given has been disabled for
    > security reasons"
    > what is wrong?

    Any webpage or just one in particular? From what program is the popup
    alert coming? What firewall do you have in place? It sounds like you
    have malware on the computer that is trying to get out and your
    firewall is stopping it, but that is just a guess since you provided
    hardly any information about your system at all.

    Malke
    --
    MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
    Elephant Boy Computers

    Hi,

    Thanks for your post.

    I agree with Malke's opinion. It may be caused by some malware.

    First, I hope that you can help me confirm the following things:
    1. Does this happen on a specific webpage or all webpages?
    2. Please send a screen shot of the error information to me at
    v-amanwa@microsoft.com

    To take a screen shot
    ---------------------
    a. Press the Pr Scrn key once on the keyboard when the error message
    appears.
    b. Click Start, go to Run, enter MSPAINT in the open dialog box, and then
    Click OK.
    c. Use Ctrl + V to paste the screenshot to the canvas.
    d. From the File menu, go to Save and save it as a JPG file.
    e. Send the JPG file to me as an attachment.

    After these questions, I also would give you some usual suggestions of
    Internet Explorer:

    Let's delete all the cookies, temporary files, downloaded objects and
    plug-ins to see if it helps.

    Deleting Cookies
    ============

    1. Click Start, click Search and click For Files or Folders

    2. Type "Cookies" (without the quotation marks) and click Search Now

    3. Delete files in the cookie directory

    Deleting Temporary Files
    ==================

    1. Open Internet Explorer

    2. Click Tools, click Internet Options and click Delete Files button in the
    General tab

    Deleting Downloaded Objects
    =====================

    1. Open Internet Explorer

    2. Click Tools, click Internet Options and click settings button in the
    General tab.

    3. Press View Objects.

    4. Remove all the Objects there.

    Removing Plug-Ins in Internet Explorer
    ==============================

    1. Close all Internet Explorer windows.

    2. Open a Windows Explorer window by right Click My Computer and choose
    Explore.

    3. Locate the following folder:
    C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\PLUGINS

    4. Remove all the files in this folder.

    If the problem is still exists, please follow these steps to troubleshoot
    the issue:

    Step 1: Refer to the following article to perform a Clean Boot
    ======================
    310353 - How to Perform a Clean Boot in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310353

    The main steps are as following:

    Please follow this suggestion to isolate this problem:

    1. Click Start, click Run, and then in the Open box, type "MSCONFIG"
    (without the quotation marks). Click OK.

    2. In the System Configuration Utility (MSConfig) window, click to select
    the Selective Startup button.

    3. Click to clear the check mark from the "Load startup items" below
    Selective Startup.

    4. Click the Services tab, click to check the "Hide All Microsoft Services"
    box, and remove all the check marks from the remained Non-Microsoft
    Services. *note that please make sure that you do not uncheck the Microsoft
    services.

    5. Click OK to close the MSConfig window. Click Yes when you are asked to
    restart your computer in order to enable the changes.

    6. After restarting, please check whether this issue will reoccur.

    If this issue does NOT reoccur following the Selective Startup, please
    continue these steps to find the exact cause:

    1. Click Start, click Run, in the Open box type "MSCONFIG" (without the
    quotation marks), and click OK.

    2. In the System Configuration Utility (MSConfig) window, click the Startup
    tab or the Services tab.

    3. Add one check mark at a time to the entries under the Startup tab or the
    Services tab, and then restart each time to see if the additional entry
    reproduces the original problem.

    Step 2: Remove all suspicious items from the registry
    ===============================
    WARNING: Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that
    may require you to reinstall Windows. Microsoft cannot guarantee that
    problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved.
    Use Registry Editor at your own risk.

    1. Find and delete the following registry key.
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browse
    r Helper Objects
    2. Find and delete the all the sub keys in the following registry key
    (don't delete the following registry key).
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Plugins\Extension

    Step 3: Clean Adware/Spyware
    ================================
    Please download and launch at least two tools below to remove
    Adware/Spyware again to make sure that there won't be any Spyware/Adware on
    the system. (Please launch these tools under Safe Mode)

    Ad-Aware:
    http://www.lavasoft.de/software/adaware/

    Spybot:
    http://www.spykiller.com/index4.asp?ref=2400

    HijackThis direct Download:
    http://download.softpedia.com:8080/ANTIVIRUS/hijackthis.zip

    CWShredder direct Download:
    http://209.133.47.200/~merijn/files/CWShredder.exe

    Note: The third-party product discussed is manufactured by a vendor
    independent of Microsoft; we make no warranty, implied or otherwise,
    regarding this product's performance or reliability.

    Please take your time in trying the suggestions and let me know the result
    at your earliest convenience. If you have any other concern on this issue,
    please feel free to let me know. I'm looking forward to your reply.

    Thanks & Regards

    Amanda Wang [MSFT]

    Microsoft Online Partner Support

Internet Explorer Security Microsoft Windows XP