Imedia 1402

Hi
Does anyone know how to boot into Safe mode on the Imedia 1402. I'ved tried
F8 at boot up but it just takes me to a 'boot from HDD', 'boot from DVDRam'
or 'boot from recovery'.

I'm trying to remove software from startup which is freezing the PC before
windows fully loads and I imagine that getting into safe mode will allow me
to remove the offending software.

TIA

George
3 answers Last reply
More about imedia 1402
  1. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell (More info?)

    "George" <replytogroup@group.com> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > Does anyone know how to boot into Safe mode on the Imedia 1402. I'ved
    > tried F8 at boot up but it just takes me to a 'boot from HDD', 'boot from
    > DVDRam' or 'boot from recovery'.
    >
    > I'm trying to remove software from startup which is freezing the PC before
    > windows fully loads and I imagine that getting into safe mode will allow
    > me to remove the offending software.
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > George

    hi

    windows XP yeah?

    go to start

    then to run and type

    msconfig

    click on the BOOT.INI tab

    and check the box that says

    /SAFEBOOT

    restart u will boot in safe mode

    to come out of booting in safe mode do the same but uncheck the /safeboot
    option

    if your trying to remove software from starting though in msconfig

    just go to the startup tab and uncheck it from the list then there is no
    need to go into safe mode

    however if you are totally removing spyware or something then its safer to
    do it with safe mode

    HTH

    christo
  2. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell (More info?)

    George wrote:
    > Hi
    > Does anyone know how to boot into Safe mode on the Imedia 1402. I'ved
    tried
    > F8 at boot up but it just takes me to a 'boot from HDD', 'boot from
    DVDRam'
    > or 'boot from recovery'.
    >
    > I'm trying to remove software from startup which is freezing the PC
    before
    > windows fully loads and I imagine that getting into safe mode will
    allow me
    > to remove the offending software.
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > George

    F5 just befor the windows boot screen will get you into safe mode with
    Windows XP.
  3. Hey,
    I had the same problem with not knowing how to boot into safe mode but I finally found it :D

    THIS IS FOR WINDOWS 7

    Just keep pressing F5 during the POST, then when the screen comes up press F8 and choose Safe Mode.

    Hope this helps :)

Packard Bell Safe Mode Imedia Boot Software Computers