Batch FIle help

Not sure if this is the best group to ask this question....but I'm trying to
run a batch file that would delete files from a given directory, but I'm not
having any success. Here is the text in the file
------------------------
@ECHO OFF
deltree C:\ABM\bin\*.* /y

CLS
EXIT
------------------------

I'm using windows XP Pro.

Thanks.
2 answers Last reply
More about batch file help

    deltree is not available with Windows XP.

    The rmdir /s command deletes directories containing files and
    subdirectories. For more information about the rmdir command, see Rmdir.

    Rmdir (rd)
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/bootcons_rmdir.mspx

    New ways to do familiar tasks

    Start | Run | Copy and paste the following line:

    %windir%\hh.exe ms-its:C:\WINDOWS\Help\ntcmds.chm::/dos_diffs.htm

    Click OK.

    Scroll down to Unavailable MS-DOS Commands

    Or...

    New ways to do familiar tasks
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/dos_diffs.mspx

    -----

    Command-line reference
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/ntcmds_o.mspx

    Or >>

    Command-line reference

    Start | Run | Copy and paste the following line:

    hh ntcmds.chm

    Click OK.
    -----

    Command-line reference A-Z
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/ntcmds_o.mspx

    Or >>

    Command-line reference A-Z

    Start | Run | Copy and paste the following line:

    %windir%\hh.exe ms-its:c:\Windows\Help\ntcmds.chm::/ntcmds.htm

    Click OK.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:OTmQce$HFHA.2700@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
    Ben Wallace <kixman@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Not sure if this is the best group to ask this question....but I'm
    > trying to run a batch file that would delete files from a given
    > directory, but I'm not having any success. Here is the text in the
    > file ------------------------
    > @ECHO OFF
    > deltree C:\ABM\bin\*.* /y
    >

    > CLS
    > EXIT
    > ------------------------
    >
    > I'm using windows XP Pro.
    >
    > Thanks.

    You can also use "rd /s"
    > deltree is not available with Windows XP.
    >
    > The rmdir /s command deletes directories containing files and
    > subdirectories. For more information about the rmdir command, see Rmdir.
    >
    > Rmdir (rd)
    > http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/bootcons_rmdir.mspx
    >
    > New ways to do familiar tasks
    >
    > Start | Run | Copy and paste the following line:
    >
    > %windir%\hh.exe ms-its:C:\WINDOWS\Help\ntcmds.chm::/dos_diffs.htm
    >
    > Click OK.
    >
    > Scroll down to Unavailable MS-DOS Commands
    >
    > Or...
    >
    > New ways to do familiar tasks
    > http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/dos_diffs.mspx
    >
    > -----
    >
    > Command-line reference
    > http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/ntcmds_o.mspx
    >
    > Or >>
    >
    > Command-line reference
    >
    > Start | Run | Copy and paste the following line:
    >
    > hh ntcmds.chm
    >
    > Click OK.
    > -----
    >
    > Command-line reference A-Z
    > http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/ntcmds_o.mspx
    >
    > Or >>
    >
    > Command-line reference A-Z
    >
    > Start | Run | Copy and paste the following line:
    >
    > %windir%\hh.exe ms-its:c:\Windows\Help\ntcmds.chm::/ntcmds.htm
    >
    > Click OK.
    >
    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >
    > Wes
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    > In news:OTmQce$HFHA.2700@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
    > Ben Wallace <kixman@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
    >> Not sure if this is the best group to ask this question....but I'm
    >> trying to run a batch file that would delete files from a given
    >> directory, but I'm not having any success. Here is the text in the
    >> @ECHO OFF
    >> deltree C:\ABM\bin\*.* /y
    >>

    >> CLS
    >> EXIT