Sign in with
Your question

Opengl mode issue

Last response: in Windows 7
December 6, 2010 2:50:20 AM

i m not able to play counter strike 1.6 in opengl mode it happens only for zombie mod .. i hav win7 + gforce 9500 GT gfx card + i5 processor .. i updated my gfx driver but still i m not able to play
Please help

More about : opengl mode issue

a b \ Driver
a c 354 $ Windows 7
December 6, 2010 1:46:34 PM

Is the mod official or user created? And why run in opengl? Should not be any faster.

9500gt is a pretty weak card, it may not have some features the mod needs to run, another card may be a good thing to try.
m
l
December 7, 2010 2:27:14 AM

hang-the-9 said:
Is the mod official or user created? And why run in opengl? Should not be any faster.

9500gt is a pretty weak card, it may not have some features the mod needs to run, another card may be a good thing to try.

zombie mod is a plugin .. counter strike supports display 3 modes 1)opengl 2) software 3) D3D .. my game works on software mode , but the display sucks .. opengl is better .. i want to play it on opengl ... previously i played zombie on opengl .. dont know what happened.. now its crashing only if try to join zombie server .. i read many thread they say update driver .. and i did it still its crashing . :( 
m
l
Related resources
December 7, 2010 2:31:18 AM

and i just bought 9500 gt .. it will take time to get new one like years :( 

counter strike is very old game .. dont know y game crashing .. i hav many game with high graphics such as fifa 11 and COD MW 2 .. they works fine
m
l
a b \ Driver
a c 354 $ Windows 7
December 8, 2010 1:02:02 PM

Hold on, it happens when you try to connect to a server or when launching the game? How about playing in D3D mode?
m
l
December 9, 2010 2:47:45 AM

hang-the-9 said:
Hold on, it happens when you try to connect to a server or when launching the game? How about playing in D3D mode?

it happens when i try to connect to a zombie server .. and it crashed also in d3d mode
if i join normal clan server .. i am able to join
m
l
!