Why wont Media Player play in Internet Explorer

Hi i wonder if someone can help me im trying to watch a tutorial video
and this launches within Internet Explorer but it will not play if i
locate the avi file on the CD-ROM and open it in Windows media player
it plays fine. I am assuming this is something to do with SP2 on my
laptop cause if i try the same on my desktop which is only running SP1
it works fine. Can someone tell me what to do to get it working on my
laptop using SP2 if not bothered about security on the laptop as it
does not connect to the internet AT ALL. I have lowered security
setting tc but still not working please help !!!

Many thanks

Gavin.................

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Security-Admin-wont-Media-Player-play-Internet-Explorer-ftopict272795.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=861256
1 answer Last reply
More about wont media player play internet explorer

    hi Gavin

    SP2 was created in order to protect you from different types of threats.
    can be hackers, malicious code on software or files and even on internet.
    That's why it's blocking your file to be opened. Maybe considering that
    could be a malicious code or virus under it.

    there should be an error message telling you that you can't open that file.

    if there is one, please let me know "what does it say ?"

    kovik

    "scotslad469" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> escribió en el mensaje
[...]

Laptops Internet Explorer Media Player Windows XP