MMC TV/DX 9.0c

I just installed an AIW 9800 Pro. Everything was working great, MMC
included, TV, great.

Installed DX 9.0c. NO TV. I uninstalled and reinstalled ALL ATI stuff,
drivers, MMC, Decoder, WDM, the works, 10 times, no TV. Finally did a
System Restore to before DX9.0c, everything works, all versions of
everything work great.

On a different boot installation, I didn't install MMC and Remote.
Everything there appears to be OK, and even in the other boot, the video
card was OK, just TV didn't work with DX 9.0c.

What's this about, anyone know?

I hate to even TRY SP2, which I'm sure will get me DX 9.0c again.

Anyone with any suggestions on this?
12 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware

    On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 14:42:05 -0500, Tom Hesselman <Top Poster> wrote:

    >I just installed an AIW 9800 Pro. Everything was working great, MMC
    >included, TV, great.
    >
    >Installed DX 9.0c. NO TV. I uninstalled and reinstalled ALL ATI stuff,
    >drivers, MMC, Decoder, WDM, the works, 10 times, no TV. Finally did a
    >System Restore to before DX9.0c, everything works, all versions of
    >everything work great.
    >
    >On a different boot installation, I didn't install MMC and Remote.
    >Everything there appears to be OK, and even in the other boot, the video
    >card was OK, just TV didn't work with DX 9.0c.
    >
    >What's this about, anyone know?
    >
    >I hate to even TRY SP2, which I'm sure will get me DX 9.0c again.
    >
    >Anyone with any suggestions on this?

    Hmm....When I did the restore, I got back to Omega 2.5.5.8. Everything
    worked. When I noticed, I thought, install 2.5.6.7, eh? Did that, TV
    broke again.

    So.....what is this, Omega, Catalyst 4.8, DX 9.0c? It's looking like
    Omega/Cat 4.8, but I'm not going to install DX 9.0c again until I get
    bored with everything working for a day or two!!

    Does anyone have Omega 2.5.6.7 based on Cat 4.8 working with MMC 9.02
    TV? I guess I'm mystified!!?

    In article <nkqpi0tjkngblp4rfitnqgbibuqfmk1jhn@4ax.com>, says...
    > I just installed an AIW 9800 Pro. Everything was working great, MMC
    > included, TV, great.
    >
    > Installed DX 9.0c. NO TV. I uninstalled and reinstalled ALL ATI stuff,
    > drivers, MMC, Decoder, WDM, the works, 10 times, no TV. Finally did a
    > System Restore to before DX9.0c, everything works, all versions of
    > everything work great.
    >
    > On a different boot installation, I didn't install MMC and Remote.
    > Everything there appears to be OK, and even in the other boot, the video
    > card was OK, just TV didn't work with DX 9.0c.
    >
    > What's this about, anyone know?
    >
    > I hate to even TRY SP2, which I'm sure will get me DX 9.0c again.
    >
    > Anyone with any suggestions on this?

    There's a bug in DirectX which disables TV in systems not using NTSC as
    the TV format. MS has a patch for it.

    --
    Conor

    Tom Hesselman wrote:

    > I just installed an AIW 9800 Pro. Everything was working great, MMC
    > included, TV, great.
    >
    > Installed DX 9.0c. NO TV. I uninstalled and reinstalled ALL ATI stuff,
    > drivers, MMC, Decoder, WDM, the works, 10 times, no TV. Finally did a
    > System Restore to before DX9.0c, everything works, all versions of
    > everything work great.
    >
    > On a different boot installation, I didn't install MMC and Remote.
    > Everything there appears to be OK, and even in the other boot, the
    > video card was OK, just TV didn't work with DX 9.0c.
    >
    > What's this about, anyone know?
    >
    > I hate to even TRY SP2, which I'm sure will get me DX 9.0c again.
    >
    > Anyone with any suggestions on this?

    What DirectX were you using previously? There was an issue with 9b and
    European cards, but I'd have thought that that would have been resolved by
    now. A google for "9.0B PAL ATI" might turn something up, or try the forums
    at www.raged3d.com

    /mel/

    On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 17:37:29 -0500, Tom Hesselman <Top Poster> wrote:

    >On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 14:42:05 -0500, Tom Hesselman <Top Poster> wrote:
    >
    >>I just installed an AIW 9800 Pro. Everything was working great, MMC
    >>included, TV, great.
    >>
    >>Installed DX 9.0c. NO TV. I uninstalled and reinstalled ALL ATI stuff,
    >>drivers, MMC, Decoder, WDM, the works, 10 times, no TV. Finally did a
    >>System Restore to before DX9.0c, everything works, all versions of
    >>everything work great.
    >>
    >>On a different boot installation, I didn't install MMC and Remote.
    >>Everything there appears to be OK, and even in the other boot, the video
    >>card was OK, just TV didn't work with DX 9.0c.
    >>
    >>What's this about, anyone know?
    >>
    >>I hate to even TRY SP2, which I'm sure will get me DX 9.0c again.
    >>
    >>Anyone with any suggestions on this?
    >
    >Hmm....When I did the restore, I got back to Omega 2.5.5.8. Everything
    >worked. When I noticed, I thought, install 2.5.6.7, eh? Did that, TV
    >broke again.
    >
    >So.....what is this, Omega, Catalyst 4.8, DX 9.0c? It's looking like
    >Omega/Cat 4.8, but I'm not going to install DX 9.0c again until I get
    >bored with everything working for a day or two!!
    >
    >Does anyone have Omega 2.5.6.7 based on Cat 4.8 working with MMC 9.02
    >TV? I guess I'm mystified!!?

    Omega's and ATI Tool doesn't play nice. Un-install ATI tool and it
    should work.

    Pluvious

    "/mel/" <news@mel.cix.nospam.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Tom Hesselman wrote:
    >
    > > I just installed an AIW 9800 Pro. Everything was working great, MMC
    > > included, TV, great.
    > >
    > > Installed DX 9.0c. NO TV. I uninstalled and reinstalled ALL ATI stuff,
    > > drivers, MMC, Decoder, WDM, the works, 10 times, no TV. Finally did a
    > > System Restore to before DX9.0c, everything works, all versions of
    > > everything work great.
    > >
    > > On a different boot installation, I didn't install MMC and Remote.
    > > Everything there appears to be OK, and even in the other boot, the
    > > video card was OK, just TV didn't work with DX 9.0c.
    > >
    > > What's this about, anyone know?
    > >
    > > I hate to even TRY SP2, which I'm sure will get me DX 9.0c again.
    > >
    > > Anyone with any suggestions on this?
    >
    > What DirectX were you using previously? There was an issue with 9b and
    > European cards, but I'd have thought that that would have been resolved by
    > now. A google for "9.0B PAL ATI" might turn something up, or try the
    forums
    > at www.raged3d.com
    >
    > /mel/

    Glad to know I'm not only one having this problem or maybe it's sad... but
    anyway

    My card aiw 9800se.

    On Sunday everything works fine, dx 9.0b with pal tv fix, catalyst 4.5 and
    mmc 9.0.

    Then on Monday disaster. I installed dx9.0c, catalyst 4.8 and mmc 9.02 and
    after that
    my tv hasn't worked at all.

    I've also tried installing mmc 8.6/ 9.0/ 9.01 and catalyst 4.4/4.5
    None combination made tv work again. I've only seen "no channels found"
    about 1000 times.

    If someone knows how to fix this it would be nice.

    "Kuusinen" <me@somewhere.fi> wrote in message

    > "/mel/" <news@mel.cix.nospam.co.uk> wrote in message
    > > Tom Hesselman wrote:
    > >
    > > > I just installed an AIW 9800 Pro. Everything was working great, MMC
    > > > included, TV, great.
    > > >
    > > > Installed DX 9.0c. NO TV. I uninstalled and reinstalled ALL ATI stuff,
    > > > drivers, MMC, Decoder, WDM, the works, 10 times, no TV. Finally did a
    > > > System Restore to before DX9.0c, everything works, all versions of
    > > > everything work great.
    > > >
    > > > On a different boot installation, I didn't install MMC and Remote.
    > > > Everything there appears to be OK, and even in the other boot, the
    > > > video card was OK, just TV didn't work with DX 9.0c.
    > > >
    > > > What's this about, anyone know?
    > > >
    > > > I hate to even TRY SP2, which I'm sure will get me DX 9.0c again.
    > > >
    > > > Anyone with any suggestions on this?
    > >
    > > What DirectX were you using previously? There was an issue with 9b and
    > > European cards, but I'd have thought that that would have been resolved
    by
    > > now. A google for "9.0B PAL ATI" might turn something up, or try the
    > forums
    > > at www.raged3d.com
    > >
    > > /mel/
    > >

    > Glad to know I'm not only one having this problem or maybe it's sad... but
    > anyway
    >
    > My card aiw 9800se.
    >
    > On Sunday everything works fine, dx 9.0b with pal tv fix, catalyst 4.5 and
    > mmc 9.0.
    >
    > Then on Monday disaster. I installed dx9.0c, catalyst 4.8 and mmc 9.02
    and
    > after that
    > my tv hasn't worked at all.
    >
    > I've also tried installing mmc 8.6/ 9.0/ 9.01 and catalyst 4.4/4.5
    > None combination made tv work again. I've only seen "no channels found"
    > about 1000 times.
    >
    > If someone knows how to fix this it would be nice.

    From what I've read DirectX 9.0c has the PAL issue fixed so it must be
    something else causing the problem. I'm using DirectX 9.0c, MMC 9.02 and all
    the other required bits and pieces on my Windows 98SE machine and TV is
    working fine with my All In Wonder Radeon (32 MB original version).

    Paul

    I have it fixed, but I don't know how. I rolled back to DX9.0b and it
    was fixed, but that also rolled me back to Omega based on Cat 4.7,
    2.5.5.8, I think. I tried installing Omega 2.5.6.7, and TV broke again.
    I did a System restore, and all is working with DX9.0c and Omega
    2.5.5.8.

    I have NTSC, is US, so THAT shouldn't be the issue, I don't think. I did
    read about that, but figured PAL only, so disregarded. Thanks for the
    tips, however.

    I still don't know what the cause was/is. It doesn't seem to be DX.
    Can't figure why newer Cat's/Omega would break TV.

    Anyone figure out what's up here?

    I looked around Driverheaven, didn't see anything 'cept PAL issue and
    9.0b. Nothing about 9.0c. Can't believe, with 9.0c being out for a
    while, and probably in SP2, that if there is an issue, it isn't popping
    up somewhere.

    I'll keep looking, but I'm leaving this PC, this boot config, set to
    9.0b and Omega 2.5.5.8 for now.

    I have another AIW 9800 I'm going to install in a different PC soon.
    I'll upgrade that one to SP2 and then try everything from scratch and
    see what happens.

    Anyone got any hints, post away.

    On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 16:28:01 GMT, Pluvious <Pluvious@knowhere.com>
    wrote:

    >Omega's and ATI Tool doesn't play nice. Un-install ATI tool and it
    >should work.
    >
    >Pluvious

    That's it, uninstall ATI Tool, reboot, fixed. Damn....Thanks, never
    figured that one!! Won't be installing ATI Tool on a TV equipped card
    again.

    Thought I'd post from the top so maybe everyone would see it.

    It is ATI Tool, as mentioned below by "pluvious".

    Uninstalled ATI Tool, reboot, fixed.

    Thanks to all.

    NO MORE ATI Tool for this guy!!

    On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 11:43:06 -0500, ThomasJ <Top Poster> wrote:

    >Thought I'd post from the top so maybe everyone would see it.
    >
    >It is ATI Tool, as mentioned below by "pluvious".
    >
    >Uninstalled ATI Tool, reboot, fixed.
    >
    >Thanks to all.
    >
    >NO MORE ATI Tool for this guy!!

    Gotta give credit to Brian Dickens, from the Netherlands for posting
    here first with the info. I was just passing it on again. In fact the
    maker of Omega drivers (includes ati tool) was pleased that it wasn't
    his fault when he found out. :)

    Pluvious

    dont know what the problem was, but i know that enabling temperature in the
    taskbar, casue me all sorts of troubles,
    especially with sound, once disabled it was works great!

    --
    Almeyda

    AMD2500XP @3200XP-11X200-2.21Ghz |
    A7N8X-E Deluxe | Corsair TWINX1024 XMS3200XL 5-2-2-2 DualChannel |
    HIS Excalibur 9800XT 256mb @459/398 (Omegas 2.5.67 & ATI tool 0.21 No
    Artifacts)
    1x80GB SATA Seagate 8mg cache | 2x40GB ATA Seagate |
    SB AudigyES | ANTEC SuperLanboy 350 Case (350W SmartBlue PS) |
    Doom3 @ 1024x768 Ultra High, all visuals on. (Demo1 = 43fps vcard not
    o'clocked)

    "Almeyda" <*SPAM*fabrizio5680@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > dont know what the problem was, but i know that enabling temperature in
    the
    > taskbar, casue me all sorts of troubles,
    > especially with sound, once disabled it was works great!
    >
    > --
    > Almeyda
    >
    > AMD2500XP @3200XP-11X200-2.21Ghz |
    > A7N8X-E Deluxe | Corsair TWINX1024 XMS3200XL 5-2-2-2 DualChannel |
    > HIS Excalibur 9800XT 256mb @459/398 (Omegas 2.5.67 & ATI tool 0.21 No
    > Artifacts)
    > 1x80GB SATA Seagate 8mg cache | 2x40GB ATA Seagate |
    > SB AudigyES | ANTEC SuperLanboy 350 Case (350W SmartBlue PS) |
    > Doom3 @ 1024x768 Ultra High, all visuals on. (Demo1 = 43fps vcard not
    > o'clocked)
    >

    > "ThomasJ" <Top Poster> wrote in message
    > > Thought I'd post from the top so maybe everyone would see it.
    > >
    > > It is ATI Tool, as mentioned below by "pluvious".
    > >
    > > Uninstalled ATI Tool, reboot, fixed.
    > >
    > > Thanks to all.
    > >
    > > NO MORE ATI Tool for this guy!!

    Ohhhh yeees, it was ATI Tool causing my problems too!!

    Uninstall, reboot and kabooom tv works again

    Thank u thank u thank u =)

Radeon TV ATI Graphics