Radeon 800 Pro Temperatures?

Just curious what some of you are getting at idle and under load.
Thanks

In article <MPG.1b97005f8e2d678b989686@shawnews.vn.shawcable.net>,
deranger-x@shaw.ca (DeRanger) wrote:

> Just curious what some of you are getting at idle and under load.
> Thanks

Pretty scary ones until I fitted a two pipe Zalman cooler and pointed two
fans at it. Can't quite remember the details, but it was about 45C idle,
and 70+C when busy. I didn't like that at all.

With Room temp of about 22C I now see low 30s idle and about 50-55 max
when busy (using ATItool). With two (quiet) 80mm fans blowing on the
Zalman it's not a particularly quiet solution (the default cooler was too
quiet for thermal comfort IMO) but I want to protect my investment.

Of course that may be a strange thing to say when fitting the Zalman
cooler will have voided my warranty :)

FWIW Before I fitted the Zalman I boosted the default cooler by bending
one of those Zalman "fan on a bracket" things so the fan could blow
straight onto the business side of the card. I've lost the bit of paper I
made some notes on, but that was pretty effective at bringing temps down
by 5-8C or so IIRC.

Andrew McP

spencer

24C Idle and 38c load but mine's water cooled.

otherwise I would add 10-15C on the temps to get an accurate reading.

Spence