Fill in the BLANK

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 217926

Speaking of AIDS the best quote i've seen about Obama's economic policies is "Trying to spend your way out of debt is like trying to f--k your way out of AIDS"

As to the original question "Obama is first going to destroy the economy, then hes going to tour the world."

No. That what he has Michelle for.

I can however see him going to Thailand.

Pull your minds out of the gutter. :non: Thailand has about 400 golf courses - a lot for such a small country.

Actually I think he is doing a good job given the circumstances.

Tightening up on fiscal policy, trying to balance foreign and domestic issues.

He projects a good image internationally.

Better than the previous 3 or 4 presidents you have had.

I give him a 4 out of 5 but he gets a bit unstable when overclocked ... I recommend water cooling.

He should not answer questions off the cuff ... under pressure.

Hes grown the federal government by 25%, our debt/spending has tripled since the beginning of our country just in his 2 years in office.
I agree, he projects a better international image than the last 3 presidents, but hes really losing it at home

The oil spill and bad weather of late hasn't helped.

At least your unemployment has dropped below 10% now ...

Groth is below 1% but the overall economic outlook is now better.

Reign in your debt ... cut defence spending.

Rent out those Aircraft Carriers for cruises ... zero problems with pirates down the East coast of Africa !!

The oil spill was Bush's fault. As was the bad weather. The all too numerous to mention 'incintives' directed at creating bigger government as a solution and the impending jobs this ideology was to create is a rousing failure, DUH. If 'incentives' were directed at private business eighteen months ago the minimum number of new jobs being created to sustain at break even would be at hand all along, which it is not. Obama has always had a government job and he smells the part. The employment and 'growth' numbers are now factually hopeless under Obama solutions. Obama's approval rating is Anemic, with a capital A, and certainly lower than any of his recent predecessors in recent times including Bush at his lowest approval level. See Jimmy Carter for any comparison you make to his predessors.

You are welcome to have [strike]them[/strike] him and call him yours.

224ci.jpg

Obama's image can go lower, which I am betting is a sure thing given time and a bit of history behind his presidency. If comparing Obama to past Presidents, Carter is the closest. Especially in view of Carter being the 'peace treaty' president. Show me one Carter peace treaty, and there were so many, that is worth the paper it is written on today.

obama20funny20cartoon.jpg

Been there, done that.
carter23457.jpg

http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/2586/carter23457.jpg

I see you are watching too much CNN again, eh? ;)

[flash=480,385]http://www.youtube.com/v/rrdtXxzhBWA?fs=1&hl=en_US[/flash]

Obama wil DENY any actions of his being worthless on the economy, and then BLAME it all on a former president 2 years ago.
Ive heard he has a new spokesman or two for his new proposals

Its all Bushes fault claims one
infoxj.jpg

Then, with Obamas wizardry, hes created the very thing thatll turn this economy around, being shown here by another firm supporter of his admin, showing the new miracle itself

tesafilm.png

Why not shut down the gulf, whats a job anyways?

Only 8% of Obama’s Cabinet ever had a Real Job
By thomasjeffersonclubblog
Here’s a link to a list of how many people in cabinets of past presidents had a real job (work in the private sector, not a government job.)

Obama had 8%!??

Next lowest was Kennedy with 30% and Carter with 32%.

Highest was Eisenhower at 57% with Reagan right behind at 56% and GW Bush at 55%.

Eight percent is pathetic. How can people who have never worked in a non-government job (some might just say have never worked) understand anything about how the free market works?

The answer is that they can’t, and that’s part of the reason (in addition to their skewed world view) they are mucking things up so badly.

In addition, according to the evaluation made by Lloyd Blankfein, the percentage of Obama top advisors with actual private sector work experience (other than being an attorney,) is 0.0%!

Any wonder why the Obama administration is mucking things up so badly?

NdP
http://thomasjeffersonclubblog.wordpress.com/2010/07/25/only-8-of-obamas-cabinet-ever-had-a-real-job/

For the first time Americans can be damn proud of him for for knowing what He's talking about on important issues.

[flash=480,385]http://www.youtube.com/v/eDJSVPAx8xc?fs=1&hl=en_US[/flash]

Important? Naw, hes just tired man, reeeeaaaallllll tired.
Im thinkinh the US is finally getting a glimpse of this made for politic only, hands off, throw money at it, only let the government do it, non private sector robot
Problem with him is, can you convict a man with no convictions?

In respect to raynod's comment, it's funny to see how view points change due to distance, culture, image, etc. And yes, the economy still $ucks. There were a few (minority) of economists telling that we may have a double dip, frankly, that is a possibility considering most Americans don't even know basic financial literacy skill. For example, in my AP Gov't class last year, there was a 1 week unit on the "Economy". The people in this class couldn't even calculate compound interest!!!! Not to mention they had no clue about minimum payments, The Fed,etc. Don't get me wrong, these are some smart people (as in class average GPA was ~ 3.5/4.0) but they still fail at these things. People didn't even know about a CD (and seriously... one kid though CD as in Compact Disk) or stocks/bonds for that matter. It was funny seeing how 70% of the class didn't know that inflation has been increasing so far. I'm not saying that I knew everything, for example,I didn't know about the FICO score and a few other stuff, but I knew more than others in the class. This could be due to the demographics of the class/school ( mostly upper class, and upper middle class; basically, 25-40% of the people drove "luxury" cars. The lowest car any one drove were Honda Civic from at least 2003). The schools got a pretty bad rep due to the VT shooting as 2 or 3 of the people involved went to this school. The school does quite well academically imo (class average for my class of 2010 was IIRC 3.3/4.0). But that's not important.....

Anyways, I believe no one can understand exactly how the economy works. Economics is NOT a science. There are no fundamental laws like in mathematics in economics.

PS: JD,badge,et al, who did you guys vote for?

First off, look at whos running the curriculum, as theyre part of the union (hint)
Look at my earlier post, showing only 8% of Obamas cabinet ever having a job.
Also, in several DNCs (democratic national conventions), where the reps are there to vote in the Dem candidate for pres, there were NO business reps in the entirety of it

Its not only church n state, but church n state n business for some

I've been a registered Independent since my girlfriend's dad, the mayor of the town I grew up in, asked me to vote for him in 1973 when I turned 18 and could vote. I was born when Eisenhower was President. My parents were classic FDR Democrats. I had an uncle named Franklin Delano. I guess with thirteen kids and a leg lost in a coal mine accident, my grandfather was grateful for the 100+ federal agencies FDR created to put people back to work. Those agencies included Social Security being created. It was WWII that put us back to work. My dad was too young for WWII, but served one year on the ground in the 1st Marine divison in Korea. My mom worked on an aircraft assembly line during WW11 making planes for the war. Rosey the Riveter. Well, I dislike all the top DEMs today except Bill Clinton. ALL of them. I'm 55 and hope I can see them die off one by one when I outlive them ALL. Obama is a smart guy lawyer (so is my friend's 25 year old son) who is terribly out of place as our president and guy who runs on blind ambition and an acute ongoing case of lack of rectitude. He is a habitual liar.

I bet JSC remembers the 50's and 60's being born in the mid 40's. JDJ has never really let on to his age. My guess would be mid 30's to around 40. Shadow I know Jr. High is still fresh in your mind. 8). My wife did a picture collage of my 18 year old son this afternoon. Brought back a lot of memories of raising a teenager through high school. My daughter is 23 and has a year left to get her Master's in Psych and become a licensed therapist. My wife is a Dr. and only knows how to fix people. She votes for who I tell her to. 8) /end rant about me

Well, November 1972 St. Louis Keil Auditorium Grand Funk railroad was my first Rock concert. Todd Rundgren produced We're An American Band I believe. The high school bud I went to the concert with has since seen Todd Rundgren maybe 100 times or thereabouts. He mailed me a Grand Funk railroad bumper/guitar case sticker a while back. Funny, my buddies use to cover We're An American Band when they were the best cover band in the area back in high school. I always tagged along and played at band practice. No one had a sign of an 21 year old ID. None of us! Party on! LMAO!

BTW if you like Todd Rundgren at all his Live in Japan DVD is far out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C33EqDdPcdI

Status
Not open for further replies.