Roland Garros '11 - les paris sont ouverts

Hi there,

Are there amateur tennis in the area?

Who's your favorite to win this year?

Nadal?
Djokovic?
Federer?

Bets are on !

(not really a "team sport" but i didn't know where to place it)
18 answers Last reply
More about roland garros paris sont ouverts
  1. It is in the case of the Davis Cup.

:)

Djokovic or Garros maybe ...
  2. Djokovic has been on a bit of a streak this year. He'll be darn tough to beat.
  3. agreed with djokivc
    federer is old for a grand slam contender but nadal should have a few more in the future
    dave
  4. Nobody is OLD at 30 y.o !

Djoko has a great chance, but he'll play Del Potro on next game.
    Nadal has crappened on during his match against Isner
    We may see great plays!

I think this tournament is very "open" to challengers.
  5. gropouce said:
    Nobody is OLD at 30 y.o ! http://img.infos-du-net.com/forum/icones/redface.gif

Djoko has a great chance, but he'll play Del Potro on next game.
    Nadal has crappened on during his match against Isner
    We may see great plays!

I think this tournament is very "open" to challengers.

Agreed with nobody is old at 30 but professional tennis players seem to have a limited shelf life at the highest level. Bjorn Borg retired at 26 didn't he? Not like pro golfers who usually peak in their 30's. Anyway, I also agree with the very open at this tournament statement as there seems to be a changing of the guard at the top. And there are exceptions, Andre Agassi and Jimmy Connors won Grand Slams in their 30s. And I'm in my 50's so I am old. :)
    Dave
  6. I concur. No one is "old" in their 30's, but when it comes to pro athletes, especially in tennis, it's rare to find anyone who can continue to play at a high level and win, much less.
  7. buwish said:
    I concur. No one is "old" in their 30's, but when it comes to pro athletes, especially in tennis, it's rare to find anyone who can continue to play at a high level and win, much less.

And NFL running backs. :)
    Dave

The 2 Borg McEnroe finals at Wimbledon in the early 80's were the best tennis matches I ever watched. Thats when I got into pro tennis. Can't get any better IMHO.
  8. Very true. NFL running backs have a short shelf life with the way the game is played today (and in the past, to a degree). They are just beaten down so much to the point where they're lucky to have a 5-6 year window for above average stats if they are good enough.
  9. buwish said:
    I concur. No one is "old" in their 30's, but when it comes to pro athletes, especially in tennis, it's rare to find anyone who can continue to play at a high level and win, much less.

Yes, I agree... but we talk about Federer. He is a one who can win a Gran Slam in walker
  10. Definitely. Federer isn't as dominate as he used to be, but he could still easily win a grand slam.
  11. gropouce said:
    Yes, I agree... but we talk about Federer. He is a one who can win a Gran Slam in walker

Great thread you started here BTW. I have a question - Federer and Tiger Woods are close to the same age and alltime greats so which one will win his next major first? I would have to guess Federer since Tiger's game seems to have fallen off more. I hope to see them both win majors again but we shall see.
    Dave
  12. Having seen the match Federer yesterday, I am tempted to say Roger, especially as Wimbledon will soon arrive ... and I do not know when the next U.S. Open Golf :whistle:
    I want to believe because I find that the opinion has buried Roger a little too fast (although I agree it is less powerful than it was)
    Djokovic - Del Potro: 6 / 3 3 / 6 interrupted by nightfall, but there the night has just been interrupted by the day and games will resume, I gotta go!

(BTW => by the way?)
  13. Yep, BTW means by the way.

Djokovic won earlier to bring his win streak to 42. Looked like he was going to be challenged, but it ended up being a walk.
  14. I expected more from Del Potro, i admit.
    It remains to see the match against Gasquet ..... it should be short
  15. He won again! Federer won as well- I believe he set a record for winning 28 quarter final matches in a row. He's still got it at his "old age." ;)
  16. "very open to challengers".....

of course... :heink:
    Nadal-Federer-Djokovic-Murray...

That's why i'm not a sports gamblers. (except for rugby)
  17. Should be a great semi-finals between those guys, not to mention a great final out of whoever wins.
  18. Nadal is my favorite:p He must win!
Ask a new question

Read More

Team Sports Roland