User groups

March 3, 2005 10:17:03 PM

Although both the user Administrator and "my name" are both computer
administrators, they appear with two different formats. Under "my name" I
cannot access my Quicken files, but can start the program as if it was never
run. My desktop also appears different with some icons and shortcuts not
present. I prefer to eliminate "my name" completely but cannot do so unless
I create another/new administrator. Having tried that approach gave me the
same results I described above. How can I get the Administrator user and "my
name" user both on the same system?

More about : user groups

Anonymous
March 4, 2005 12:52:08 AM

viaggiatore_msd wrote:
> Although both the user Administrator and "my name" are both computer
> administrators, they appear with two different formats. Under "my
> name" I cannot access my Quicken files, but can start the program as
> if it was never run. My desktop also appears different with some
> icons and shortcuts not present. I prefer to eliminate "my name"
> completely but cannot do so unless I create another/new
> administrator. Having tried that approach gave me the same results I
> described above. How can I get the Administrator user and "my name"
> user both on the same system?

Not recommended. Your two accounts should be different.

As long as EFS is not involved:

How to Take Ownership of a File or Folder in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308421

How to disable simplified sharing & set permissions
on a shared folder in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307874

--
<- Shenan ->