User groups

Although both the user Administrator and "my name" are both computer
administrators, they appear with two different formats. Under "my name" I
cannot access my Quicken files, but can start the program as if it was never
run. My desktop also appears different with some icons and shortcuts not
present. I prefer to eliminate "my name" completely but cannot do so unless
I create another/new administrator. Having tried that approach gave me the
same results I described above. How can I get the Administrator user and "my
name" user both on the same system?
1 answer Last reply
More about user groups

    viaggiatore_msd wrote:
    > Although both the user Administrator and "my name" are both computer
    > administrators, they appear with two different formats. Under "my
    > name" I cannot access my Quicken files, but can start the program as
    > if it was never run. My desktop also appears different with some
    > icons and shortcuts not present. I prefer to eliminate "my name"
    > completely but cannot do so unless I create another/new
    > administrator. Having tried that approach gave me the same results I
    > described above. How can I get the Administrator user and "my name"
    > user both on the same system?

    Not recommended. Your two accounts should be different.

    As long as EFS is not involved:

    How to Take Ownership of a File or Folder in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308421

    How to disable simplified sharing & set permissions
    on a shared folder in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307874

    --
    <- Shenan ->