ATI equivalent to Nvidia FX5200?

Which chipset in the ATI line would be the equivalent to the Nvidia FX5200?
6 answers Last reply
More about equivalent nvidia fx5200

    Someone told me recently the ATI 9200 is very similar to the NVIDIA FX5200.
    Sounds about right.

    Bill Crocker

    "C.R.GRAHAM" <C.R.GRAHAM@rogers.com> wrote in message
    > Which chipset in the ATI line would be the equivalent to the Nvidia
    > FX5200?

    possibly the the 9200SE

    "C.R.GRAHAM" <C.R.GRAHAM@rogers.com> wrote in message

    " Which chipset in the ATI line would be the equivalent to the Nvidia
    FX5200? "

    The lowest ATI card supporting DirectX9 is the 9500, and that smokes the
    FX5200 into oblivion. Speed-wise, you can see from this (getting old
    now...) article that it has equivalent specs to the 9200 (250 / 400 /
    128-bit / 4x1). Both cards are marginally better than each other in a few
    respective benchmarks, and neither are considered to be good gaming cards.

    http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20031229/

    > The lowest ATI card supporting DirectX9 is the 9500, and that smokes the
    > FX5200 into oblivion. Speed-wise, you can see from this (getting old
    > now...) article that it has equivalent specs to the 9200 (250 / 400 /
    > 128-bit / 4x1). Both cards are marginally better than each other in a few
    > respective benchmarks, and neither are considered to be good gaming cards.

    That used to be true, but not any more. The X300 and X300SE are the lowest
    DX9 cards produced. They're basically a DX9 PCIe version of the 9200 series.
    Next lowest is the 9550. Then the 9500 which is no longer produced.

    Thanks. Is that the 9200, not the 9200SE?

    "C.R.GRAHAM" <C.R.GRAHAM@rogers.com> said:

    > Which chipset in the ATI line would be the equivalent to the Nvidia
    > FX5200?

    9200
    --
    Mac Cool