Domain versus Field networking

We are currently running a Win2000 domain with Active Directory in three
cities. The laptops and desktops are Windows XP (both SP1 and SP2). Our
staff regularly visits clients and has to network together at the client
location and share data through a common directory. The common directory
has full permissions for Everyone and those permissions are pushed to each
laptop.

Unfortunately when we configure a network (wired or wireless) for use
outside the domain we have to authenticate each user in that network to
every laptop in the network before the data can be shared. Every user has
administrator rights on their laptop. This setup time is both annoying and
costly.

Is there a better way?

Thanks.

Tom Deckert wrote:

> We are currently running a Win2000 domain with Active Directory in three
> cities. The laptops and desktops are Windows XP (both SP1 and SP2). Our
> staff regularly visits clients and has to network together at the client
> location and share data through a common directory. The common directory
> has full permissions for Everyone and those permissions are pushed to each
> laptop.
>
> Unfortunately when we configure a network (wired or wireless) for use
> outside the domain we have to authenticate each user in that network to
> every laptop in the network before the data can be shared. Every user has
> administrator rights on their laptop. This setup time is both annoying and
> costly.
>
> Is there a better way?
>
> Thanks.

I didn't quite understand everything but are there 2 different domains involved
in this setup? If so, you may want to create a trust between them.