Internet Explorer: Flipping Font Sizes, Virus?

Hello,
My Internet Explorer has been acting up lately. Font sizes for pages such as
Google, Yahoo, NYTimes are 5 times as bigger than usual, while other pages
(such as CNN and this page) remain normal. This started 2 weeks ago -
sometimes when I close the Browser and start over, the font size goes back to
normal on the offending pages - other times it doesn't. For the last two
days, despite turning off the computer, the font sizes have stayed big. Are
those particular websites changing their website font pages? or do I have
some sort of virus?
Thanks! Hopefully, it is the former...
5 answers Last reply
More about internet explorer flipping font sizes virus

    I recommend you to use your antivirus solution "if you have" and run a full
    scan.
    if you dont here is an online good option for you:

    http://housecall-beta.trendmicro.com/en/start_corp.asp

    kovik

    "Jay" <Jay@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje
    Hello,
    My Internet Explorer has been acting up lately. Font sizes for pages such as
    Google, Yahoo, NYTimes are 5 times as bigger than usual, while other pages
    (such as CNN and this page) remain normal. This started 2 weeks ago -
    sometimes when I close the Browser and start over, the font size goes back
    normal on the offending pages - other times it doesn't. For the last two
    days, despite turning off the computer, the font sizes have stayed big. Are
    those particular websites changing their website font pages? or do I have
    some sort of virus?
    Thanks! Hopefully, it is the former...

    Thanks - I have NAV 2005 - it didn't find anything....what else should I do?

    "Jay" <Jay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    > My Internet Explorer has been acting up lately. Font sizes for pages such
    as
    > Google, Yahoo, NYTimes are 5 times as bigger than usual, while other pages
    > (such as CNN and this page) remain normal. This started 2 weeks ago -
    > sometimes when I close the Browser and start over, the font size goes back
    > normal on the offending pages - other times it doesn't. For the last two
    > days, despite turning off the computer, the font sizes have stayed big.
    Are
    > those particular websites changing their website font pages? or do I have
    > some sort of virus?
    > Thanks! Hopefully, it is the former...

    Have you tried something like this:

    Holding down control key while on offending page and scrolling the mouse
    wheel? I tested this on the pages you listed myself and the font sizes on
    Google & Yahoo were re-sized while CNNs remained the same. It is quite
    possible you had the control key pressed by accident while you were browsing
    and messed it up. Give it a whirl and lemme know!

    --ScareCrowe

    You are right. I feel like an idiot. Spent the last couple of hours running
    Antivirus and Adware programs. I must have done that inadvertly a couple of
    days ago and didn't realize it. Thanks for the help.

    > You are right. I feel like an idiot. Spent the last couple of hours
    running
    > Antivirus and Adware programs. I must have done that inadvertly a couple
    of
    > days ago and didn't realize it. Thanks for the help.

    Forget about it I did the exact same thing! ;)

    --ScareCrowe

Internet Explorer Font Windows XP