Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Internet Explorer: Flipping Font Sizes, Virus?

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
March 4, 2005 9:53:01 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

Hello,
My Internet Explorer has been acting up lately. Font sizes for pages such as
Google, Yahoo, NYTimes are 5 times as bigger than usual, while other pages
(such as CNN and this page) remain normal. This started 2 weeks ago -
sometimes when I close the Browser and start over, the font size goes back to
normal on the offending pages - other times it doesn't. For the last two
days, despite turning off the computer, the font sizes have stayed big. Are
those particular websites changing their website font pages? or do I have
some sort of virus?
Thanks! Hopefully, it is the former...
Anonymous
March 4, 2005 1:03:20 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

I recommend you to use your antivirus solution "if you have" and run a full
scan.
if you dont here is an online good option for you:

http://housecall-beta.trendmicro.com/en/start_corp.asp

kovik

"Jay" <Jay@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje
news:3421D57D-1F1F-4086-B56E-C4063CC8CFDA@microsoft.com...
Hello,
My Internet Explorer has been acting up lately. Font sizes for pages such as
Google, Yahoo, NYTimes are 5 times as bigger than usual, while other pages
(such as CNN and this page) remain normal. This started 2 weeks ago -
sometimes when I close the Browser and start over, the font size goes back
to
normal on the offending pages - other times it doesn't. For the last two
days, despite turning off the computer, the font sizes have stayed big. Are
those particular websites changing their website font pages? or do I have
some sort of virus?
Thanks! Hopefully, it is the former...
March 4, 2005 1:03:21 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

Thanks - I have NAV 2005 - it didn't find anything....what else should I do?

"kovik" wrote:

> I recommend you to use your antivirus solution "if you have" and run a full
> scan.
> if you dont here is an online good option for you:
>
> http://housecall-beta.trendmicro.com/en/start_corp.asp
>
> kovik
>
> "Jay" <Jay@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje
> news:3421D57D-1F1F-4086-B56E-C4063CC8CFDA@microsoft.com...
> Hello,
> My Internet Explorer has been acting up lately. Font sizes for pages such as
> Google, Yahoo, NYTimes are 5 times as bigger than usual, while other pages
> (such as CNN and this page) remain normal. This started 2 weeks ago -
> sometimes when I close the Browser and start over, the font size goes back
> to
> normal on the offending pages - other times it doesn't. For the last two
> days, despite turning off the computer, the font sizes have stayed big. Are
> those particular websites changing their website font pages? or do I have
> some sort of virus?
> Thanks! Hopefully, it is the former...
>
>
>
Related resources
Anonymous
March 4, 2005 4:42:23 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

"Jay" <Jay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:3421D57D-1F1F-4086-B56E-C4063CC8CFDA@microsoft.com...
> Hello,
> My Internet Explorer has been acting up lately. Font sizes for pages such
as
> Google, Yahoo, NYTimes are 5 times as bigger than usual, while other pages
> (such as CNN and this page) remain normal. This started 2 weeks ago -
> sometimes when I close the Browser and start over, the font size goes back
to
> normal on the offending pages - other times it doesn't. For the last two
> days, despite turning off the computer, the font sizes have stayed big.
Are
> those particular websites changing their website font pages? or do I have
> some sort of virus?
> Thanks! Hopefully, it is the former...

Have you tried something like this:

Holding down control key while on offending page and scrolling the mouse
wheel? I tested this on the pages you listed myself and the font sizes on
Google & Yahoo were re-sized while CNNs remained the same. It is quite
possible you had the control key pressed by accident while you were browsing
and messed it up. Give it a whirl and lemme know!

--ScareCrowe
March 4, 2005 4:42:24 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

You are right. I feel like an idiot. Spent the last couple of hours running
Antivirus and Adware programs. I must have done that inadvertly a couple of
days ago and didn't realize it. Thanks for the help.

"ScareCrowe" wrote:

>
> "Jay" <Jay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:3421D57D-1F1F-4086-B56E-C4063CC8CFDA@microsoft.com...
> > Hello,
> > My Internet Explorer has been acting up lately. Font sizes for pages such
> as
> > Google, Yahoo, NYTimes are 5 times as bigger than usual, while other pages
> > (such as CNN and this page) remain normal. This started 2 weeks ago -
> > sometimes when I close the Browser and start over, the font size goes back
> to
> > normal on the offending pages - other times it doesn't. For the last two
> > days, despite turning off the computer, the font sizes have stayed big.
> Are
> > those particular websites changing their website font pages? or do I have
> > some sort of virus?
> > Thanks! Hopefully, it is the former...
>
> Have you tried something like this:
>
> Holding down control key while on offending page and scrolling the mouse
> wheel? I tested this on the pages you listed myself and the font sizes on
> Google & Yahoo were re-sized while CNNs remained the same. It is quite
> possible you had the control key pressed by accident while you were browsing
> and messed it up. Give it a whirl and lemme know!
>
> --ScareCrowe
>
>
>
Anonymous
March 5, 2005 3:12:01 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

"Jay" <Jay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:69E4CBE8-88E8-41F4-A90D-3ECAA0003B6A@microsoft.com...
> You are right. I feel like an idiot. Spent the last couple of hours
running
> Antivirus and Adware programs. I must have done that inadvertly a couple
of
> days ago and didn't realize it. Thanks for the help.
>
Forget about it I did the exact same thing! ;) 

--ScareCrowe
!