Doom 3 on 9700pro update

mark

Well been reading about all the bad things regarding DOOM 3

so I got a copy, installed it last night

played for 2 hours straight (starting a couple of levels a few times due to
dying)

hey guess what no issues

Graphics look good cant complain

ran great at medium settings

will be adding another 512 of ram to try and up the settings

ASUS A7N8X_deluxe
AMD 2500 Barton (not overclocked)
512 meg PC3200 Crucial
120 gig SATA Maxtor
Built by ATI 9700 pro 128megs Cat 4.8
Win XP SP2

Cheers

Bishop

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2004

Yeah i know, i dont get what these guys do to their comps, i've got the same
spec except 3000 athlon and 1gig ram, had no probs.

"Mark" <mberge1@nortelnetworks.com> wrote in message

> Well been reading about all the bad things regarding DOOM 3
>
> so I got a copy, installed it last night
>
> played for 2 hours straight (starting a couple of levels a few times due
> dying)
>
> hey guess what no issues
>
> Graphics look good cant complain
>
> ran great at medium settings
>
> will be adding another 512 of ram to try and up the settings
>

> ASUS A7N8X_deluxe
> AMD 2500 Barton (not overclocked)
> 512 meg PC3200 Crucial
> 120 gig SATA Maxtor
> Built by ATI 9700 pro 128megs Cat 4.8
> Win XP SP2
>
> Cheers

Same here on a 9800 pro, Barton 2800, with 1 gig of ram. Actually I run the
game with the Humus patch at 1024x768 on the high setting and it's fine
except when I get a lot of baddies coming at me at once and then it gets a
little jerky. But my gun keeps firing and I waste them all with no probs.

JK

Mark wrote:
> Well been reading about all the bad things regarding DOOM 3
>
> so I got a copy, installed it last night
>
> played for 2 hours straight (starting a couple of levels a few times due to
> dying)
>
> hey guess what no issues
>
> Graphics look good cant complain
>
> ran great at medium settings
>
> will be adding another 512 of ram to try and up the settings
>

> ASUS A7N8X_deluxe
> AMD 2500 Barton (not overclocked)
> 512 meg PC3200 Crucial
> 120 gig SATA Maxtor
> Built by ATI 9700 pro 128megs Cat 4.8
> Win XP SP2
>
> Cheers

Yeah you should be able to play at HQ no problem.

"Mark" <mberge1@nortelnetworks.com> wrote in message

> Well been reading about all the bad things regarding DOOM 3
>
> so I got a copy, installed it last night
>
> played for 2 hours straight (starting a couple of levels a few times due
> dying)
>
> hey guess what no issues
>
> Graphics look good cant complain
>
> ran great at medium settings
>
> will be adding another 512 of ram to try and up the settings

<snip>

PC Gamer magazine did once say that the 9700 Pro was something of the
unofficial video card of Doom 3, so it better be good!

Why WOULDN'T it run well? The 9700Pro really is just a 9800Pro running at
slightly slower clock speed. The only differing hardware feature is the lack
of an F-buffer, which Doom 3 doesn't use anyway.

> Why WOULDN'T it run well? The 9700Pro really is just a 9800Pro running at
> slightly slower clock speed. The only differing hardware feature is the
lack
> of an F-buffer, which Doom 3 doesn't use anyway.

Exactly.

>Well been reading about all the bad things regarding DOOM 3
>
>so I got a copy, installed it last night
>
>played for 2 hours straight (starting a couple of levels a few times due to
>dying)
>
>hey guess what no issues
>
>Graphics look good cant complain
>
>ran great at medium settings
>
>will be adding another 512 of ram to try and up the settings
>

>ASUS A7N8X_deluxe
>AMD 2500 Barton (not overclocked)
>512 meg PC3200 Crucial
>120 gig SATA Maxtor
>Built by ATI 9700 pro 128megs Cat 4.8
>Win XP SP2
>
>Cheers

ASUS A7A MB, 512MB DDR RAM, Hercules 9700Pro

Only problem I have is a crash to the desktop almost every time I play
the game so I have to save often! I have no idea what is causing
this.

-pw
remove astericks (*) from e-mail address
(use paulwilliamson at spamcop dot net)