Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Dual monitor display problems

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
Anonymous
August 27, 2004 8:38:44 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

Please help !!! This is crazy.

I installed a second graphics card. First one is ATI 8500 AIW. Second card
is Hightech Excalibur Radeon 9200 VIVO.

Both cards work fine, no problems with video or driver installation.
The problem is I cannot play any video. When I try to watch TV it gives me
"TV player failed to initialize the video." The video was working fine with
the 8500 before the 9200 was installed. With Media player, I can hear the
audio, but cannot see the video. With Intervideo's WinDVD it says, "I must
reduce the video size or resolution". All attempts to do this has failed.
I originally installed an NVIDIA pci card and the same thing happened. I was
told through the newsgroups that NVIDIA and ATI do not mix well together. So
I removed the NVIDIA and installed the Radeon card. And this did not work
either.

I really want this to work since the PCI card has dual output and I want to
use a third monitor. This is very frustrating.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, James.
Anonymous
August 28, 2004 1:16:52 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

"Cellular Dealer" <quan(poop)elite(goaway)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:o sJXc.66612$UTP.40149@twister01.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com...
> Please help !!! This is crazy.
>
> I installed a second graphics card. First one is ATI 8500 AIW. Second card
> is Hightech Excalibur Radeon 9200 VIVO.
>
> Both cards work fine, no problems with video or driver installation.
> The problem is I cannot play any video. When I try to watch TV it gives me
> "TV player failed to initialize the video." The video was working fine
with
> the 8500 before the 9200 was installed. With Media player, I can hear the
> audio, but cannot see the video. With Intervideo's WinDVD it says, "I must
> reduce the video size or resolution". All attempts to do this has failed.
> I originally installed an NVIDIA pci card and the same thing happened. I
was
> told through the newsgroups that NVIDIA and ATI do not mix well together.
So
> I removed the NVIDIA and installed the Radeon card. And this did not work
> either.

Make you your mainboard chipset drivers are installed, that you have the
lastest video drivers for you card and tuner, Direct X9 installed, and most
importantly, the TV player is on your MAIN monitor and not the secondary
one. Most TV cards won't play on the second monitor.
Anonymous
August 28, 2004 3:32:05 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

Everything is up to date
other programs like Win media player and windvd won't play either


"Noozer" <dontspam@me.here> wrote in message
news:8xNXc.234006$gE.183518@pd7tw3no...
>
> "Cellular Dealer" <quan(poop)elite(goaway)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:o sJXc.66612$UTP.40149@twister01.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com...
> > Please help !!! This is crazy.
> >
> > I installed a second graphics card. First one is ATI 8500 AIW. Second
card
> > is Hightech Excalibur Radeon 9200 VIVO.
> >
> > Both cards work fine, no problems with video or driver installation.
> > The problem is I cannot play any video. When I try to watch TV it gives
me
> > "TV player failed to initialize the video." The video was working fine
> with
> > the 8500 before the 9200 was installed. With Media player, I can hear
the
> > audio, but cannot see the video. With Intervideo's WinDVD it says, "I
must
> > reduce the video size or resolution". All attempts to do this has
failed.
> > I originally installed an NVIDIA pci card and the same thing happened. I
> was
> > told through the newsgroups that NVIDIA and ATI do not mix well
together.
> So
> > I removed the NVIDIA and installed the Radeon card. And this did not
work
> > either.
>
> Make you your mainboard chipset drivers are installed, that you have the
> lastest video drivers for you card and tuner, Direct X9 installed, and
most
> importantly, the TV player is on your MAIN monitor and not the secondary
> one. Most TV cards won't play on the second monitor.
>
>
Related resources
Anonymous
August 28, 2004 4:09:16 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

"Cellular Dealer" <quan(poop)elite(goaway)@hotmail.com> wrote in
news:VvPXc.4$5ZT.1@news04.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com:

> Everything is up to date
> other programs like Win media player and windvd won't play either


back up your important data, and do the reformat-and-reinstall XP dance.
Anonymous
August 30, 2004 2:20:54 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

I suspect yer video player programs are detecting both screens on two
cards as the actual desktop resolution. Try temporarily disabling one of
the screens from the Control Panel display applet. As for the nVidia
card, disable the third monitor from the display applet and try using
the second and third screens in nView mode instead of Windows
multi-monitor mode.The other thing you can try is turning the nVidia
card into the primary display from Windows and using the Radeon as the
secondary screen. See if that helps.

Cellular Dealer wrote:

> Please help !!! This is crazy.
>
> I installed a second graphics card. First one is ATI 8500 AIW. Second card
> is Hightech Excalibur Radeon 9200 VIVO.
>
> Both cards work fine, no problems with video or driver installation.
> The problem is I cannot play any video. When I try to watch TV it gives me
> "TV player failed to initialize the video." The video was working fine with
> the 8500 before the 9200 was installed. With Media player, I can hear the
> audio, but cannot see the video. With Intervideo's WinDVD it says, "I must
> reduce the video size or resolution". All attempts to do this has failed.
> I originally installed an NVIDIA pci card and the same thing happened. I was
> told through the newsgroups that NVIDIA and ATI do not mix well together. So
> I removed the NVIDIA and installed the Radeon card. And this did not work
> either.
>
> I really want this to work since the PCI card has dual output and I want to
> use a third monitor. This is very frustrating.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks, James.
>
>
>
Anonymous
August 30, 2004 6:02:25 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

There are both ATi video cards currently. I have the Video working now. The
TV tuner will not turn on. Keeps on saying that it fails to initialize.
The only way it will work is if i physically remove the second card.


"Sharanga Dayananda" <sharangad@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:aFsYc.125$H74.38@newsfe3-win.ntli.net...
> I suspect yer video player programs are detecting both screens on two
> cards as the actual desktop resolution. Try temporarily disabling one of
> the screens from the Control Panel display applet. As for the nVidia
> card, disable the third monitor from the display applet and try using
> the second and third screens in nView mode instead of Windows
> multi-monitor mode.The other thing you can try is turning the nVidia
> card into the primary display from Windows and using the Radeon as the
> secondary screen. See if that helps.
>
> Cellular Dealer wrote:
>
> > Please help !!! This is crazy.
> >
> > I installed a second graphics card. First one is ATI 8500 AIW. Second
card
> > is Hightech Excalibur Radeon 9200 VIVO.
> >
> > Both cards work fine, no problems with video or driver installation.
> > The problem is I cannot play any video. When I try to watch TV it gives
me
> > "TV player failed to initialize the video." The video was working fine
with
> > the 8500 before the 9200 was installed. With Media player, I can hear
the
> > audio, but cannot see the video. With Intervideo's WinDVD it says, "I
must
> > reduce the video size or resolution". All attempts to do this has
failed.
> > I originally installed an NVIDIA pci card and the same thing happened. I
was
> > told through the newsgroups that NVIDIA and ATI do not mix well
together. So
> > I removed the NVIDIA and installed the Radeon card. And this did not
work
> > either.
> >
> > I really want this to work since the PCI card has dual output and I want
to
> > use a third monitor. This is very frustrating.
> >
> > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> > Thanks, James.
> >
> >
> >
!