nvidia fx5700 128mb vs radeon 9600xt for doom 3....

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
August 27, 2004 5:40:56 PM

these two seem to fit my budget. which one is better value and
performance? TIA
Anonymous
August 27, 2004 10:05:38 PM

Without question...the 9600XT is better! I know, I owned an FX5700, with
256MB of RAM, and now I'm using an ATI 9600XT with 128MB of RAM...and it
works much better.

Bill Crocker

"pete" <peterchang@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> these two seem to fit my budget. which one is better value and
> performance? TIA
August 28, 2004 7:03:44 AM

> these two seem to fit my budget. which one is better value and
> performance? TIA

The 9600XT is on par with the 5700 Ultra. A straight 5700 is definitely
slower.
August 28, 2004 7:24:27 PM

If you can find a 9600 Pro it will overclock easily to XT speeds, but for a fair bit less
$$$ :)
--
Todd
!