Any ideas why Radlink-shortcuts aren't working?

For example, I create a radlink-shortcut for some
game executable and set it to use 4xFSAA, but
there's no AA in game! And yes, I started the game
by double-clicking the Radlink-shortcut. Same thing
if I select "Custom settings", no anti-aliasing in game
even if I enable it from properties of the game exe.

Using 4.8 Omegas with a R9600pro. AA and AF
are set to "application preference" from the driver's
D3D-options. If I enable 4xAA from there, I see
anti-aliased edges in games allright. But that, of course,
applies to EVERY damn direct3d-game.

XP Pro equipped with SP2 and no, this bug isn't
caused by it because Radlinks were already non-
functional before I installed SP2.

On 8/27/2004 1:18 PM Aki Peltola brightened our day with:

>Any ideas why Radlink-shortcuts aren't working?
>
>For example, I create a radlink-shortcut for some
>game executable and set it to use 4xFSAA, but
>there's no AA in game! And yes, I started the game
>by double-clicking the Radlink-shortcut. Same thing
>if I select "Custom settings", no anti-aliasing in game
>even if I enable it from properties of the game exe.
>
>Using 4.8 Omegas with a R9600pro. AA and AF
>are set to "application preference" from the driver's
>D3D-options. If I enable 4xAA from there, I see
>anti-aliased edges in games allright. But that, of course,
>applies to EVERY damn direct3d-game.
>
>XP Pro equipped with SP2 and no, this bug isn't
>caused by it because Radlinks were already non-
>functional before I installed SP2.

Which games?
Some games use launchers, in the Radlink's Shortcut Tab or in a Custom
Settings shortcut's custom tab, there is a spot to enter in Target
Process. That would be where you put in the actual program that's urn.
I've found that some games will only apply settings properly with
Radlinks, Custom Settings don't work.

An example of the above, No One Lives Forever 2, will only apply
settings with a Radlink, the launcher is NOLF2.exe and the actual game
process is Lithtech.exe You have to use the launcher to start the game
so you put your settings into a NOLF2 radlink, but put Lithtech.exe into
the Target Process box.

I went through this myself and it took me a while to figure out how to
get Radlinker to work with all my games. So ask away about specific
games hopefully I've got them working.

--
History shows again and again
How nature points up the folly of men

Steve ¤»Inglo«¤

"Inglo" <ioo@??.¿¿¿> wrote
> I went through this myself and it took me a while to figure out how to get
> Radlinker to work with all my games. So ask away about specific games
> hopefully I've got them working.

Ach! "Mode Change" has to be checked or otherwise settings
won't apply. Plus specifying main Target Process if game uses
launcher of some kind (like AvP2), now I got it!
Stupid me. Thanx.