The Can...

In Chapter one, a combine soldier directs you to "Pick up that can" after he
diliberately puts it on the ground for you. Did you A) Pick it up and
dispose of it? or B) Throw it at his head?

My first time through I chucked it at him, then snuck past as he chased me
(And he eventually caught me) and beat the living daylights out of me.

For kicks, in my second pass through after beating the game I tossed it in
the trash. He laughs, and says "ok.. you can go now" after giving you a mild
shove.

Fun stuff.

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

"No1ButU" <no1butu@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> In Chapter one, a combine soldier directs you to "Pick up that can" after
> he
> diliberately puts it on the ground for you. Did you A) Pick it up and
> dispose of it? or B) Throw it at his head?
>
> My first time through I chucked it at him, then snuck past as he chased me
> (And he eventually caught me) and beat the living daylights out of me.
>
> For kicks, in my second pass through after beating the game I tossed it in
> the trash. He laughs, and says "ok.. you can go now" after giving you a
> mild
> shove.
>
> Fun stuff.

I too had fun busting that dudes nuts. He chased me all over the place.
The dude by the lugage too kicked my ass.

Mule

"No1ButU" <no1butu@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> In Chapter one, a combine soldier directs you to "Pick up that can"
> after he diliberately puts it on the ground for you. Did you A) Pick
> it up and dispose of it? or B) Throw it at his head?
>
> My first time through I chucked it at him, then snuck past as he
> chased me (And he eventually caught me) and beat the living daylights
> out of me.
>
> For kicks, in my second pass through after beating the game I tossed
> it in the trash. He laughs, and says "ok.. you can go now" after
> giving you a mild shove.
>
> Fun stuff.

I never liked the bullies in school. I didn't like em in HL2 either.
He told me to pick up the can and put it in the trash. I went and got
more trash, piled it near, then started throwing it all at him :) He
didn't touch me :)
McG.

"No1ButU" <no1butu@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> In Chapter one, a combine soldier directs you to "Pick up that can" after
> he
> diliberately puts it on the ground for you. Did you A) Pick it up and
> dispose of it? or B) Throw it at his head?
>
> My first time through I chucked it at him, then snuck past as he chased me
> (And he eventually caught me) and beat the living daylights out of me.
>
> For kicks, in my second pass through after beating the game I tossed it in
> the trash. He laughs, and says "ok.. you can go now" after giving you a
> mild
> shove.
>
> Fun stuff.

The first time through I picked up the can, the second time I threw a
luggage cart a him with the GG and squashed his annoying ass.

Limnophile

Borg

1st time through -
After realizing that he would not let me pass by him to get to the other
area, I just went the console and type in sv_cheats 1 then impulse 101 and
took the machine gun and let em have it after unloading an entire clip I
figured he was dead.

2nd time through -
After playing through the whole game and playing on the hardest level, I
already did the cheat code above and took the rocket launcher from a
distance and killed him that way. Alittle bit of a over kill but hey it was
fun.

3rd time through -
Just started my third time through about a three(3)/four(4) days ago, and
that time I just picked up the can and threw it in the garbage because this
time I playing the game through without any cheats as I knew that you cant
pass without doing it.