Can't Download/Install ActiveX Controls

This is a followup to a recent problem that I posted here with downloading
and installing activex controls. As noted in the previous post when I tried
to download and install activex controls the process stopped (was blocked)
and the cab files were left in the temporary internet files directory. No
error message was displayed by Internet Explorer and reducing security
settings to nothing did not help.

I carried out the following item. Norton Antivirus comes with a feature
called Internet Worm Protection. Turns out that it is in fact a Firewall and
that when you run it with Windows Firewall there is a conflict. Turned off
Internet Worm Protection and rebooting. I am now able to download cab
installations and have them install properly. Including activex controls.

Mike

map

Thank you for posting your fix.