ivo

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2004

Hi!
I'm having a problem accesing a folder in "Documents and Settings".
This is the situation: I reinstalled my winxp and left the D&S folder
on the hard drive. After I've set up my accounts in the new
installation, I can't get in my old documents folder. I guess it
remained protected and no one can get into it because the original
account(for that folder) doesn't exists anymore.
Can anyone tell me how to get my files again?
tnx
--
Ivo

Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories an
hour.

You probably need to take ownership of the folder. Take a look
here:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308421&sd=tech

--
Nepatsfan
"Ivo" <cro199@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi!
> I'm having a problem accesing a folder in "Documents and
> Settings".
> This is the situation: I reinstalled my winxp and left the D&S
> folder
> on the hard drive. After I've set up my accounts in the new
> installation, I can't get in my old documents folder. I guess
> it
> remained protected and no one can get into it because the
> original
> account(for that folder) doesn't exists anymore.
> Can anyone tell me how to get my files again?
> tnx
> --
> Ivo
>
> Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories an
> hour.

TRENDING THREADS