Visual artifacts Asus Radeon 9600XT Quake 3 1.32

mc

Archived from groups: alt.games.quake3,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

Hello all.

I have changed my video card to an Asus Radeon 9600XT with 128 MB. In
the map setting with two islands separated by a lagoon and blue sky, I
see the vertices and lines that must define the box used in the editor
for creating this map. I did not see these artifacts previously with an
nvidia 4200 Ti. Quake 1.32 on Windows XP with Direct X 9.0c. I have
made all the changes available from the SYSTEM settings (in Quake 3) for
video but the lines still appear.

Comments or suggestions?

Thanks,

p00lb0y

MC wrote:
> Hello all.
>
> I have changed my video card to an Asus Radeon 9600XT with 128 MB. In
> the map setting with two islands separated by a lagoon and blue sky, I
> see the vertices and lines that must define the box used in the editor
> for creating this map. I did not see these artifacts previously with
> an nvidia 4200 Ti. Quake 1.32 on Windows XP with Direct X 9.0c. I
> have made all the changes available from the SYSTEM settings (in
> Quake 3) for video but the lines still appear.
>
> Comments or suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
>
> p00lb0y

Don't laugh, but reinstall your DirectX. Which version is yours? I had
some bad texture flashing in Q3, any and every map, and in Far Cry also.
Doing a 'repair install' of DX9.0c fixed that for me.
McG.

McGrandpa wrote:
> MC wrote:
>
>>Hello all.
>>
>>I have changed my video card to an Asus Radeon 9600XT with 128 MB. In
>>the map setting with two islands separated by a lagoon and blue sky, I
>>see the vertices and lines that must define the box used in the editor
>>for creating this map. I did not see these artifacts previously with
>>an nvidia 4200 Ti. Quake 1.32 on Windows XP with Direct X 9.0c. I
>>have made all the changes available from the SYSTEM settings (in
>>Quake 3) for video but the lines still appear.
>>
>>Comments or suggestions?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>
>>p00lb0y
>

> Don't laugh, but reinstall your DirectX. Which version is yours? I had
> some bad texture flashing in Q3, any and every map, and in Far Cry also.
> Doing a 'repair install' of DX9.0c fixed that for me.
> McG.

I tried re-installing the Direct X 9.0 c per recommendation. I
performed this by downloading the entire redistributable package to
remove any dropped data during the normal web install. This did not
alleviate the problem. I may try an older ATI driver package as it
seems there are some issues with the quality of the software ATI posts.

p00lb0y

> MC wrote:
> > Hello all.
> >
> > I have changed my video card to an Asus Radeon 9600XT with 128 MB. In
> > the map setting with two islands separated by a lagoon and blue sky, I
> > see the vertices and lines that must define the box used in the editor
> > for creating this map. I did not see these artifacts previously with
> > an nvidia 4200 Ti. Quake 1.32 on Windows XP with Direct X 9.0c. I
> > have made all the changes available from the SYSTEM settings (in
> > Quake 3) for video but the lines still appear.
> >
> > Comments or suggestions?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > p00lb0y
>
> Don't laugh, but reinstall your DirectX. Which version is yours? I had
> some bad texture flashing in Q3, any and every map, and in Far Cry also.
> Doing a 'repair install' of DX9.0c fixed that for me.
> McG.

Wasn't there some kind of 3D setting one could tweak for this when DirectX 7
first came out?

--
Stephen Goodman
*