Visual artifacts Asus Radeon 9600XT Quake 3 1.32

Archived from groups: alt.games.quake3,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

Hello all.

I have changed my video card to an Asus Radeon 9600XT with 128 MB. In
the map setting with two islands separated by a lagoon and blue sky, I
see the vertices and lines that must define the box used in the editor
for creating this map. I did not see these artifacts previously with an
nvidia 4200 Ti. Quake 1.32 on Windows XP with Direct X 9.0c. I have
made all the changes available from the SYSTEM settings (in Quake 3) for
video but the lines still appear.

Comments or suggestions?

Thanks,

p00lb0y
3 answers Last reply
More about visual artifacts asus radeon 9600xt quake
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.quake3,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

    MC wrote:
    > Hello all.
    >
    > I have changed my video card to an Asus Radeon 9600XT with 128 MB. In
    > the map setting with two islands separated by a lagoon and blue sky, I
    > see the vertices and lines that must define the box used in the editor
    > for creating this map. I did not see these artifacts previously with
    > an nvidia 4200 Ti. Quake 1.32 on Windows XP with Direct X 9.0c. I
    > have made all the changes available from the SYSTEM settings (in
    > Quake 3) for video but the lines still appear.
    >
    > Comments or suggestions?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > p00lb0y

    Don't laugh, but reinstall your DirectX. Which version is yours? I had
    some bad texture flashing in Q3, any and every map, and in Far Cry also.
    Doing a 'repair install' of DX9.0c fixed that for me.
    McG.

    McGrandpa wrote:
    > MC wrote:
    >
    >>Hello all.
    >>
    >>I have changed my video card to an Asus Radeon 9600XT with 128 MB. In
    >>the map setting with two islands separated by a lagoon and blue sky, I
    >>see the vertices and lines that must define the box used in the editor
    >>for creating this map. I did not see these artifacts previously with
    >>an nvidia 4200 Ti. Quake 1.32 on Windows XP with Direct X 9.0c. I
    >>have made all the changes available from the SYSTEM settings (in
    >>Quake 3) for video but the lines still appear.
    >>
    >>Comments or suggestions?
    >>
    >>Thanks,
    >>
    >>p00lb0y
    >

    > Don't laugh, but reinstall your DirectX. Which version is yours? I had
    > some bad texture flashing in Q3, any and every map, and in Far Cry also.
    > Doing a 'repair install' of DX9.0c fixed that for me.
    > McG.

    I tried re-installing the Direct X 9.0 c per recommendation. I
    performed this by downloading the entire redistributable package to
    remove any dropped data during the normal web install. This did not
    alleviate the problem. I may try an older ATI driver package as it
    seems there are some issues with the quality of the software ATI posts.

    p00lb0y
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.quake3,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

    > MC wrote:
    > > Hello all.
    > >
    > > I have changed my video card to an Asus Radeon 9600XT with 128 MB. In
    > > the map setting with two islands separated by a lagoon and blue sky, I
    > > see the vertices and lines that must define the box used in the editor
    > > for creating this map. I did not see these artifacts previously with
    > > an nvidia 4200 Ti. Quake 1.32 on Windows XP with Direct X 9.0c. I
    > > have made all the changes available from the SYSTEM settings (in
    > > Quake 3) for video but the lines still appear.
    > >
    > > Comments or suggestions?
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > >
    > > p00lb0y
    >
    > Don't laugh, but reinstall your DirectX. Which version is yours? I had
    > some bad texture flashing in Q3, any and every map, and in Far Cry also.
    > Doing a 'repair install' of DX9.0c fixed that for me.
    > McG.

    Wasn't there some kind of 3D setting one could tweak for this when DirectX 7
    first came out?

    --
    Stephen Goodman
    *