digital vs analog

ati 9600xt and a nec fp1350x 22" monitor. Both have connectors for digital
input and output. What if any are the advantages of using the digital
connection. The digital doesnt have as high refresh rate as the analog.

Thanks

Jeff

I've used both, and am currently settled on analog. I use an ATI 9600 XT,
and a Samsung 19" SyncMaster 192N flat panel. Refresh rates between LCD,
and CRT, are not apples, for apples. Don't be concerned. I'm very
satisfied with this setup for everything I run on my computer. The only
advantage I saw from digital was not having to adjust my monitor...it was
automatic.

Bill Crocker

Jeff McNulty wrote:

> ati 9600xt and a nec fp1350x 22" monitor. Both have connectors for digital
> input and output. What if any are the advantages of using the digital
> connection. The digital doesnt have as high refresh rate as the analog.

For CRTs you generally want to use analog. Try both ways though and see
which works best--there's a small chance that the DAC in the monitor is
better than the DAC on your video board but I've never heard of it actually
happening in the real world unless the video board was busted.

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)