dual monitor question

I have a gateway computer with onboard video (intel extreme graphics). I
also recently installed an ATI 9200se (one analog on s-video). I have two
monitors but can only get one adapter to work at a time. Does anyone know
how to get both adapters enabled at once?

The motherboard may be hard-wired to use either onboard video or adaptor
card(s).

In any case, Intel onboard video is extremely slow. You can find an old PCI
video card (e.g. 3dfx Voodoo3) for dirt cheap and use it to power a second
monitor.