To install mysql on Power users groups.

March 6, 2005 12:41:01 AM

I want to install programs which modify system services area.

now I can't install mysql, tomcat, IBM DB2 on Power user group.

I know that 'run as' is altanative solution.

but I don't want to user have administrator privilege.
Anonymous
March 6, 2005 3:34:01 AM

Get over it :)

Some programs NEED admin privlidges to install. There's no way around it.

Matt Gibson - GSEC

"Changbeom Park" <Changbeom Park@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I want to install programs which modify system services area.
>
> now I can't install mysql, tomcat, IBM DB2 on Power user group.
>
> I know that 'run as' is altanative solution.
>
> but I don't want to user have administrator privilege.

Anonymous
March 6, 2005 3:48:09 PM

Changbeom Park wrote:
> I want to install programs which modify system services area.
>
> now I can't install mysql, tomcat, IBM DB2 on Power user group.
>
> I know that 'run as' is altanative solution.
>
> but I don't want to user have administrator privilege.

Nor would I. Install the software as an admin.
!