Super-admin access to XP Pro machine

When I built a new machine recently I installed Windows XP on it and
skipped the setup step of making an Admin account to use in emergencies. I
have only one user account which has admin authority. I then went back in
to create another user account with admin authority.

What I really want/need to do is have an account (hidden or not, doesn't
matter) that has super-admin authority such that I could 'see' the
files/folders of any user account on the machine.

Can I do this and how?

Thanks!
Walter
1 answer Last reply
More about super admin access machine

    Walter Cohen wrote:
    > When I built a new machine recently I installed Windows XP on it and
    > skipped the setup step of making an Admin account to use in
    > emergencies. I have only one user account which has admin authority.
    > I then went back in to create another user account with admin
    > authority.
    >
    > What I really want/need to do is have an account (hidden or not,
    > doesn't matter) that has super-admin authority such that I could
    > 'see' the files/folders of any user account on the machine.
    >
    > Can I do this and how?

    XP Home or Pro?
    Are you logging in with "Administrator"? (As in that is ACTUALLY the
    username you use?)

    First - try this:
    - Start --> Run
    - Type in:
    control userpasswords2
    - Click OK
    - Look at the list of users you really have.

    Home - you can only use the actual administrator account in Safe Mode Boot
    to safe mode and do so - likely the password is blank.
    Professional - Press CTRL+ALT+DEL twice at the "Welcome" screen and type in
    the username "Administrator" and as you state you did not set it up - the
    password is likely blank.

    --
    <- Shenan ->

Security Microsoft Windows XP