Surround Sound

Since my cable programs have surround sound, does MMC encode them into the
recording? If not is there a way to do it? I'm still running an 8500 AIW
with the latest drivers.

- Me
3 answers Last reply
More about surround sound

    "Prometheus Xex" <abc@def.com> wrote in message
    > Since my cable programs have surround sound, does MMC encode them into the
    > recording? If not is there a way to do it? I'm still running an 8500 AIW
    > with the latest drivers.
    >
    > - Me

    MMC doesn't do it but it'll be there when you play it back.

    "T Shadow" <knone@zilch.com.invalid> wrote in message
    > "Prometheus Xex" <abc@def.com> wrote in message
    > > Since my cable programs have surround sound, does MMC encode them
    into the
    > > recording? If not is there a way to do it? I'm still running an
    8500 AIW
    > > with the latest drivers.
    > >
    > > - Me
    > >

    > MMC doesn't do it but it'll be there when you play it back.

    If it's analogue cable then its probably using the old '70s '80's Dolby
    surround system. This is encoded onto the normal two stereo channels. I
    would guess that the surround information would be lost if it was then
    re-recorded digitally in a compressed format, unless there is an option
    to strip it out 1st.

    Malc

    "Malc" <xxxxxx@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > "T Shadow" <knone@zilch.com.invalid> wrote in message
    > > "Prometheus Xex" <abc@def.com> wrote in message
    > > > Since my cable programs have surround sound, does MMC encode them
    > into the
    > > > recording? If not is there a way to do it? I'm still running an
    > 8500 AIW
    > > > with the latest drivers.
    > > >
    > > > - Me
    > > >

    > > MMC doesn't do it but it'll be there when you play it back.
    > >

    > If it's analogue cable then its probably using the old '70s '80's Dolby
    > surround system. This is encoded onto the normal two stereo channels. I
    > would guess that the surround information would be lost if it was then
    > re-recorded digitally in a compressed format, unless there is an option
    > to strip it out 1st.
    >
    > Malc

    OP said surround sound. I capture movies to SVCD format and the surround
    sound is still there when I play the file back. I don't think there is any
    real encoding. Stereo has the left/right info and some of the frequencies
    are sent to the rear channels. Its not "intelligent" like Digital surround
    sound.

Radeon Graphics