Forgotten Passwords

I am helping a friend who foolishly deleted several user accounts and does
not knwo his Admin password. He no longer has access to any log-ins. He
cannot remember which accounts he had or was using. Is there non destructive
way to recover or create his admin password??
2 answers Last reply
More about forgotten passwords

    Lost, Forgotten, or Expired Passwords:

    [Courtesy of MS-MVP Jupiter Jones]

    Windows XP Key is a program to reset Windows XP security
    if Administrator password, secure boot password or key disk is lost.
    http://www.lostpassword.com/windows-xp-2000-nt.htm

    Forgot your admin password?

    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP - Shell/User
    Microsoft Newsgroups

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "JamCo" wrote:

    | I am helping a friend who foolishly deleted several user accounts and does
    | not knwo his Admin password. He no longer has access to any log-ins. He
    | cannot remember which accounts he had or was using. Is there non destructive
    | way to recover or create his admin password??

    Thanks for the help. I will try tomorrow.
    Please check your links, 404.
    "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

    > Lost, Forgotten, or Expired Passwords:
    > http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/lostpass.htm
    >
    > [Courtesy of MS-MVP Jupiter Jones]
    >
    > Windows XP Key is a program to reset Windows XP security
    > if Administrator password, secure boot password or key disk is lost.
    > http://www.lostpassword.com/windows-xp-2000-nt.htm
    >
    > Forgot your admin password?
    > http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > Microsoft Newsgroups
    >
    > Be Smart! Protect Your PC!
    > http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/default.mspx

    > "JamCo" wrote:
    >
    > | I am helping a friend who foolishly deleted several user accounts and does
    > | not knwo his Admin password. He no longer has access to any log-ins. He
    > | cannot remember which accounts he had or was using. Is there non destructive
    > | way to recover or create his admin password??

Security Microsoft User Accounts Windows XP