i need help with the dual screen mode of my 9800

hi

i recently purchased an MSI Radeon 9800 Pro.
i have connected a second CRT display and want to use the both crt's as one
big screen (as i have seen in a friend house who also uses a ATI card)
problem is, i cant find the option for turning this thing on, right now the
both crt's show the same pictiure

i think this option must be available as i had a similar thing even on my
old GF4MX

if someone knows how its done i'll be very happy to read.

thanks in advance
2 answers Last reply
More about dual screen mode 9800

    "Nissim Trifonov" wrote
    > i recently purchased an MSI Radeon 9800 Pro.
    > i have connected a second CRT display and want to use the both crt's as
    one
    > big screen (as i have seen in a friend house who also uses a ATI card)
    > problem is, i cant find the option for turning this thing on, right now
    the
    > both crt's show the same pictiure.

    Hi,

    you need to bring up Display-Properties, then go to the last tab where you
    can see the boxes for Monitor1 and Monitor 2. Click the picture of monitor
    2 then click the checkbox beneath it that says *I want to extend my desktop
    using this monitor* (or something like that). Also if you can then set the
    screen resolution and refresh rate the same.

    If you want extra dual-display functions you can download the ATI
    *Hydra-Vision* software.
    --
    Wayne ][

    thanks.

    "Wayne Youngman" <waynes.spamtrap@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message

    > "Nissim Trifonov" wrote
    > > i recently purchased an MSI Radeon 9800 Pro.
    > > i have connected a second CRT display and want to use the both crt's as
    > one
    > > big screen (as i have seen in a friend house who also uses a ATI card)
    > > problem is, i cant find the option for turning this thing on, right now
    > the
    > > both crt's show the same pictiure.
    >

    > Hi,
    >
    > you need to bring up Display-Properties, then go to the last tab where you
    > can see the boxes for Monitor1 and Monitor 2. Click the picture of
    monitor
    > 2 then click the checkbox beneath it that says *I want to extend my
    desktop
    > using this monitor* (or something like that). Also if you can then set
    the
    > screen resolution and refresh rate the same.
    >
    > If you want extra dual-display functions you can download the ATI
    > *Hydra-Vision* software.
    > --
    > Wayne ][

Radeon CRT Monitors ATI Graphics