i need help with the dual screen mode of my 9800

hi

i recently purchased an MSI Radeon 9800 Pro.
i have connected a second CRT display and want to use the both crt's as one
big screen (as i have seen in a friend house who also uses a ATI card)
problem is, i cant find the option for turning this thing on, right now the
both crt's show the same pictiure

i think this option must be available as i had a similar thing even on my
old GF4MX

if someone knows how its done i'll be very happy to read.

thanks in advance

"Nissim Trifonov" wrote
> i recently purchased an MSI Radeon 9800 Pro.
> i have connected a second CRT display and want to use the both crt's as
one
> big screen (as i have seen in a friend house who also uses a ATI card)
> problem is, i cant find the option for turning this thing on, right now
the
> both crt's show the same pictiure.

Hi,

you need to bring up Display-Properties, then go to the last tab where you
can see the boxes for Monitor1 and Monitor 2. Click the picture of monitor
2 then click the checkbox beneath it that says *I want to extend my desktop
using this monitor* (or something like that). Also if you can then set the
screen resolution and refresh rate the same.

If you want extra dual-display functions you can download the ATI
*Hydra-Vision* software.
--
Wayne ][

thanks.

"Wayne Youngman" <waynes.spamtrap@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message

> "Nissim Trifonov" wrote
> > i recently purchased an MSI Radeon 9800 Pro.
> > i have connected a second CRT display and want to use the both crt's as
> one
> > big screen (as i have seen in a friend house who also uses a ATI card)
> > problem is, i cant find the option for turning this thing on, right now
> the
> > both crt's show the same pictiure.
>

> Hi,
>
> you need to bring up Display-Properties, then go to the last tab where you
> can see the boxes for Monitor1 and Monitor 2. Click the picture of
monitor
> 2 then click the checkbox beneath it that says *I want to extend my
desktop
> using this monitor* (or something like that). Also if you can then set
the
> screen resolution and refresh rate the same.
>
> If you want extra dual-display functions you can download the ATI
> *Hydra-Vision* software.
> --
> Wayne ][

TRENDING THREADS