Remote access dialer!

HI all.
--I have a remote dialer that is continually downloading onto my pc. I've
been using adaware to remove it, but i can also unistall it from my control
panel.
BUT... there seems to be nothing I can do to stop it from downloading onto
my pc and permanently slowing my connection. (it's called zipzappromo's for
the record.)
Added to this the IE pop-up blocker doesn't stop it from pestering my screen
once every 10-15minutes.
Suggestions and links to get rid of this would be greatly appreciated.
1 answer Last reply
More about remote access dialer

    | HI all.
    | --I have a remote dialer that is continually downloading onto my pc. I've
    | been using adaware to remove it, but i can also unistall it from my control
    | panel.
    | BUT... there seems to be nothing I can do to stop it from downloading onto
    | my pc and permanently slowing my connection. (it's called zipzappromo's for
    | the record.)
    | Added to this the IE pop-up blocker doesn't stop it from pestering my screen
    | once every 10-15minutes.
    | Suggestions and links to get rid of this would be greatly appreciated.

    Dump the contents of the IE Temporary Internet Folder cache (TIF)

    start --> settings --> control panel --> internet options --> delete files

    1) Download the following three items...

    Trend Sysclean Package

    Latest Trend Pattern File.

    Adaware SE (free personal version v1.05)
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

    Create a directory.
    On drive "C:\"
    (e.g., "c:\New Folder")
    or the desktop

    Download Sysclean.com and place it in that directory.
    Download the Trend Pattern File by obtaining the ZIP file.
    For example; lpt476.zip

    sysclean.com.

    2) Update Adaware with the latest definitions.
    3) Disable System Restore
    4) Reboot your PC into Safe Mode and shutdown as many applications as possible
    5) Using both the Trend Sysclean utility and Adaware, perform a Full Scan of your
    platform and clean/delete any infectors/parasites found.
    (a few cycles may be needed)
    6) Restart your PC and perform a "final" Full Scan of your platform using both the
    Trend Sysclean utility and Adaware
    7) Re-enable System Restore and re-apply any System Restore preferences,
    (e.g. HD space to use suggested 400 ~ 600MB),
    8) Reboot your PC.
    9) Create a new Restore point

    * * Please report your results ! * *

    --