Remote access dialer!

March 6, 2005 7:45:02 PM

HI all.
--I have a remote dialer that is continually downloading onto my pc. I've
been using adaware to remove it, but i can also unistall it from my control
panel.
BUT... there seems to be nothing I can do to stop it from downloading onto
my pc and permanently slowing my connection. (it's called zipzappromo's for
the record.)
Added to this the IE pop-up blocker doesn't stop it from pestering my screen
once every 10-15minutes.
Suggestions and links to get rid of this would be greatly appreciated.

More about : remote access dialer

Anonymous
March 7, 2005 12:32:54 PM

| HI all.
| --I have a remote dialer that is continually downloading onto my pc. I've
| been using adaware to remove it, but i can also unistall it from my control
| panel.
| BUT... there seems to be nothing I can do to stop it from downloading onto
| my pc and permanently slowing my connection. (it's called zipzappromo's for
| the record.)
| Added to this the IE pop-up blocker doesn't stop it from pestering my screen
| once every 10-15minutes.
| Suggestions and links to get rid of this would be greatly appreciated.

Dump the contents of the IE Temporary Internet Folder cache (TIF)

start --> settings --> control panel --> internet options --> delete files

1) Download the following three items...

Trend Sysclean Package

Latest Trend Pattern File.

Adaware SE (free personal version v1.05)
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

Create a directory.
On drive "C:\"
(e.g., "c:\New Folder")
or the desktop

Download Sysclean.com and place it in that directory.
Download the Trend Pattern File by obtaining the ZIP file.
For example; lpt476.zip

sysclean.com.

2) Update Adaware with the latest definitions.
3) Disable System Restore
http://vil.nai.com/vil/SystemHelpDocs/DisableSysRestore...
4) Reboot your PC into Safe Mode and shutdown as many applications as possible
5) Using both the Trend Sysclean utility and Adaware, perform a Full Scan of your
platform and clean/delete any infectors/parasites found.
(a few cycles may be needed)
6) Restart your PC and perform a "final" Full Scan of your platform using both the
Trend Sysclean utility and Adaware
7) Re-enable System Restore and re-apply any System Restore preferences,
(e.g. HD space to use suggested 400 ~ 600MB),
8) Reboot your PC.
9) Create a new Restore point

* * Please report your results ! * *

--