Doom 3 4.9 Beta Drivers

Hi, noticed HOTFIX is write in capitals of the new beta doom 3 drivers. Just
wondering, what the hell does hotfix mean? Do in install the 4.8 Cataylst
drivers, and then this 4.9 comes as a doom 3 add-on? Or do i compeltely
remove any old drivers to use these new 4.9 ones.

Thanks for any help.

--

The Berzerker
Stick Your Hate to Me

"The Berzerker" <Berzerker@Wooooo.com> wrote in message
> Hi, noticed HOTFIX is write in capitals of the new beta doom 3 drivers.
> Just
> wondering, what the hell does hotfix mean? Do in install the 4.8 Cataylst
> drivers, and then this 4.9 comes as a doom 3 add-on? Or do i compeltely
> remove any old drivers to use these new 4.9 ones.
>
> Thanks for any help.
>

> --
>

> The Berzerker
> Stick Your Hate to Me

Hotfix usually means it is a temporary solution till a more comprehensive
fix is released (quick and dirty fix basically).
Didn't ATI include a readme on installing the drivers? (use WinRAR to check
the driver package, don't know if any zip archiver will open it.)
If the driver package is about the same size as a normal driver package then
you probably uninstall other drivers then install the 4.9s.

p.s. Haven't used the drivers you are referring to, so take this advice as a
guide.

HTH.

I did the completly remove option, so i asume thats the only way,
though i think you can install over it, ive done that with other
drivers but been told thats BAD so i don't do it anymore.

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 17:36:32 +0100, "The Berzerker"
<Berzerker@Wooooo.com> wrote:

>Hi, noticed HOTFIX is write in capitals of the new beta doom 3 drivers. Just
>wondering, what the hell does hotfix mean? Do in install the 4.8 Cataylst
>drivers, and then this 4.9 comes as a doom 3 add-on? Or do i compeltely
>remove any old drivers to use these new 4.9 ones.
>
>Thanks for any help.

HELLO NURSE.

The Berzerker wrote:
> Hi, noticed HOTFIX is write in capitals of the new beta doom 3
> drivers. Just wondering, what the hell does hotfix mean? Do in
> install the 4.8 Cataylst drivers, and then this 4.9 comes as a doom 3
> add-on? Or do i compeltely remove any old drivers to use these new
> 4.9 ones.

Catalyst 4.9beta comes after 4.7 when Doom3 come out. Didn't know what
performance that gives but Catalyst 4.8 comes after 4.9beta and include
all 4.9beta hotfix for Doom3. Different on speed with 4.9beta and 4.8 I
do not have differents; I have old 9600 Pro 128 MB. I have read that
overclocking with 4.9beta do not work but with 4.8 it does.

I think you get better answer on news://alt.games.doom/ if you are
interesting more.

I use Omega drivers (http://downloads.driverheaven.net/index4.htm)

homer

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

time for a new card guy's i just bought the Sapphire RX800 256 Mb, 3DDR
VIVO, and flashed to an XT PE works like a charm.