KrAIMer remote acess trojan (restore Bios) ?

according to bitdefender this is a dos virus...........it has my bios locked
out...I removed the "trojan" but i can't reflash my bios. Any suggestions

There is a very helpful virus removal newsgroup you may wish­ to post to:
news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.security.virus ­

Symantec Security Check
http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/default.asp?langid=ie&venid=sym

Virus Removal Tools
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/tools.list.html

Online Virus Removal Tutorials
http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/virusremoval/virusremoval_info_tutorial.html

3 Simple Steps to Insure the Security of Your PC

Antivirus software: Frequently asked questions
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/antivirus.mspx

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

From: "americansteel356" <americansteel356@discussions.microsoft.com>

| according to bitdefender this is a dos virus...........it has my bios locked
| out...I removed the "trojan" but i can't reflash my bios. Any suggestions

There are anti virus News Groups specifically for this type of discussion.

microsoft.public.scripting.virus.discussion
microsoft.public.security.virus
alt.comp.virus
alt.comp.anti-virus

I'm not sure you have the rigt information.
Trojans don't affect DOS as in a Disk Operating System
What it may be is a Trojan that performs a Denial of Service (DoS)

If it is the following...
W32/Kraimer.worm -- http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_104924.htm
Then it is not a Trojan, but an Internet worm and it is highly doubtful that this infectror
has blocked your ability to flash a BIOS

Searching Bitdefnder was of no help other libraries aren't either.

Assuming that you are indeed clean of this infector, I have to ask you -- Why re-flash the
BIOS is the first place ?

The information you have provided does not add-up. Please explain in detail. How you know
it is a "Kraimer Remote Access Ttojan" (RAT), why a RAT would affect the BIOS and
specifically what information was provided to you or where you got it.

--
Dave