IE6 in XP SP2 could not work with integrated authenticatio..

carlos

Distinguished
May 5, 2002
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

Hi,

We have an Intranet with Integrated authentication. It works perfectly fine
with IE6 in Win2K SP4.

We tested in XP Pro with SP2 and the IE could not

a) authenticate integratedly and the username / password prompt pops up

b) unable to save password - the username appear and user have the key in
the password each time. checking the save password box does not work.

If we can solve problem (a) then problem (b) is not a concerned. If (a)
cannot be resolved then at least we can have a "save password" for (b).

Any ideas ? This is IE or XP problem ?

By the way, the XP IE also cannot work with the ISA2004 proxy streaming for
audio/video.
When connect directs, it works. IE6 in Win2K SP4 works fine with ISA2004 for
streaming - using HTTP and not direct stream with port 554.

Thanks !!

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

This might be a case of bad passwords being cached. I had exactly the same
problem with one of our users after upgrading our corporate firewall.

We used Group Policy to clear the password cache for everyone. I can't find
the exact section of the resource kit that I used in the past, but some
details can be found at:
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/prdp_log_vkxx.asp

In your case, you may just need to check for that one user (bear in mind
that you'll need to do this from their account and will need to give them
admin rights to access this).

To check, open Control Panel -> User Accounts, click on Advanced, and click
Manage Passwords.

I've certainly had no problems with integrated authentication with SP2 since
clearing that cache.

Ross