Need different resolutions in Clone mode-9800 Pro

I have a Sapphire 9800 Pro and I want to use the DVI connector to connect to
my HDTV set to play video files. I have only been able to play video full
screen to the DVI connector when in "clone" mode, and it always has the same
screen resolution as the computer monitor on display 1.

I need to use 1920X1080 (1080i) to send to the DVI cable to the HDTV set,
and my computer monitor does not like that setting.

How (exactly) do you set a different resolution for monitor2 when in clone
mode.

Can you play video files full screen to monitor 2 while they play in a
smaller window on monitor 1 (primary) in some other mode. Would HydraVision
help?

I am using Cat 4.8 with XP pro. I have Zoom player, Power strip, Rage3D
tweek and Power DVD software.

Mike T

Mike T <mtallent@u$-i$p.net> wrote in message
> I have a Sapphire 9800 Pro and I want to use the DVI connector to connect
> my HDTV set to play video files. I have only been able to play video full
> screen to the DVI connector when in "clone" mode, and it always has the
same
> screen resolution as the computer monitor on display 1.
>
> I need to use 1920X1080 (1080i) to send to the DVI cable to the HDTV set,
> and my computer monitor does not like that setting.
>
> How (exactly) do you set a different resolution for monitor2 when in clone
> mode.
>
> Can you play video files full screen to monitor 2 while they play in a
> smaller window on monitor 1 (primary) in some other mode. Would
HydraVision
> help?
>
> I am using Cat 4.8 with XP pro. I have Zoom player, Power strip, Rage3D
> tweek and Power DVD software.
>
> Mike T

I am also interested in how to resolve this type of situation. I use a CRT
projector along with my monitor when watching movies and I'd like to be able
to have independent resolutions. If your HDTV supports 720p, you might try
1280x720. Powerstrip has some good settings to use if you can't find what
you want in the default configs.

Isn't "Clone Mode" by definition means that both displays run the same
frequency?