EFS Document Recovery

We have a password policy which changes passwords every 40 days, so when the
user changed his password, he can no longer access his encrypted documents.

Unfortunatley there is no specified data recovery agent or password reset
disk.

I have full admin access to the machine, is there any way to recover these
encrypted documents?

TIA

Andy McLaughlin

Malke

Andyboy114 wrote:

> We have a password policy which changes passwords every 40 days, so
> when the user changed his password, he can no longer access his
> encrypted documents.
>
> Unfortunatley there is no specified data recovery agent or password
> reset disk.
>
> I have full admin access to the machine, is there any way to recover
> these encrypted documents?
>
> TIA
>
> Andy McLaughlin

Try here:
http://www.elcomsoft.com/aefsdr.html

Malke
--
MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
Elephant Boy Computers

Andyboy114 wrote:

> We have a password policy which changes passwords every 40 days, so when the
> user changed his password, he can no longer access his encrypted documents.
>
> Unfortunatley there is no specified data recovery agent or password reset
> disk.
>
> I have full admin access to the machine, is there any way to recover these
> encrypted documents?
Hi

In a domain, the domain administrator is the default data
recovery agent...

the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

Unfortunatley Im not in a domain. We're running Novell Netware.

I've been messing around on another machine which I encrypted the file,
changed my novell password(which when you login to the Novell Directory it
changes your Local password on the fly)and couldnt access it. I then logged
on to workstation only, changed my password back to the previous one and I
could access the file.

I will try this on the problem machine tomorrow.

Andy