Program needs to access the registry

I have a program that I need to run on Public PCs, but it requires provs to
access the registry. The machine is locked down and giving the public
account any types of privs isn't acceptable.
Doing a "run as" requires a password, so that's out unless therre is a way I
can save that password.

Any ideas?
Thanks!

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

maybe set it up to run as a service. or run it from a scheduled task where
you can specify the user name and password you want it to run as.

Oscar D wrote:

> I have a program that I need to run on Public PCs, but it requires
> provs to access the registry. The machine is locked down and giving
> the public account any types of privs isn't acceptable.
Hi

One way is to use Sysinternals RegMon/FileMon utilities to try to find
what registry keys/file system folders the application need write
access to and set rights accordingly for the locked down user account.

RegMon/FileMon is available for free here:

http://www.sysinternals.com

the 1328 page Scripting Guide: