Is there 2 versions of the X800Pro?

My local PC sales place has the Powercolor Ati Radeon X800Pro 256MB DDR with
VIVO for $920 or the Powercolor Ati Radeon X800Pro 256MB DDR3 with VIVO for
$974.

Is the DDR Vs DDR3 a sales gimick or a real life boost?

The DDR3 card is listed at 475/1350 (450x3) The DDR card has no specs
listed.

What up?

$ are in NZ $ so if they seem really high compared to the US$ then just
halve it.

Dr Richard Cranium wrote:
> oh yeah, almost forgot. Yes you want the DDR3 version.
>
> ** no fate **
>
> dracman

Actually, I don't want either version cause near a grand for a video card
just seems a little silly to me. I have a friend who wants one but that is
beside the point. We were a little confused over the different versions of
the same card. They SHOULD call it something else.