ATI 9000 AIW

I just got it, it is used but was suppose to be working. I am having
two problem but if I can't get the first one worked out the second one
won't matter.

I have a 1.1 Athlon, SIS730S chipset on a Socket "A". I made sure I
have the latest AGP driver from SiS and apparently as soon as you plug
a card into the AGP slot, it disables the on board graphs, which seems
like a good idea. I have no red. In the color adjustment you can go
from one end of the adjustment to the other with no affect. And there
is not even a hint of a red component in anything. I have checked the
cabling, the seating, the obvious things. I have uninstalled and
reinstalled a couple of times. I don't think it is a driver because
it has no red before windows is even running. I don't want the
hassell of sending this back. It has an adapter that changes it from
a DVI connection to a regular VGA type connection. Not sure if that
could be the problem or what the pin conversion is, if I had the pin
out, I wuold ring it out.

Does anyone know of anything I can try to get this working?

The second problem is I don't see any video for the video capture,
which was the whole reason I got the card.

Thanks for you help.
Barry

Thanks guys for the responses.

Yes, I am using the on board graphics at the moment and it is fine.
What I don't know about is the DVI convertor. I asked the previous
owner if he ever used it and I got back a strange answer saying he
always used the DVI connection because it had better resolution, I
guess that means he never used the little DVI to VGA pin converter
that i have to use. I don't see any bent pins but I do see one pin on
the DVI side that is slightly lower than the rest of the pins, by
maybe a 1/20 of an inch, not very much, but I don't know what caused
that, maybe it is broken inside, I am going to meter it and see if it
goes anywhere. I can't find the pin out for this thing, I sure wish I
knew what needed to go where for it to work right.

Thanks
Barry

>I just got it, it is used but was suppose to be working. I am having
>two problem but if I can't get the first one worked out the second one
>won't matter.
>
>I have a 1.1 Athlon, SIS730S chipset on a Socket "A". I made sure I
>have the latest AGP driver from SiS and apparently as soon as you plug
>a card into the AGP slot, it disables the on board graphs, which seems
>like a good idea. I have no red. In the color adjustment you can go
>from one end of the adjustment to the other with no affect. And there
>is not even a hint of a red component in anything. I have checked the
>cabling, the seating, the obvious things. I have uninstalled and
>reinstalled a couple of times. I don't think it is a driver because
>it has no red before windows is even running. I don't want the
>hassell of sending this back. It has an adapter that changes it from
>a DVI connection to a regular VGA type connection. Not sure if that
>could be the problem or what the pin conversion is, if I had the pin
>out, I wuold ring it out.
>
>Does anyone know of anything I can try to get this working?
>
>The second problem is I don't see any video for the video capture,
>which was the whole reason I got the card.
>
>Thanks for you help.
>Barry

> I have a 1.1 Athlon, SIS730S chipset on a Socket "A". I made sure I
> have the latest AGP driver from SiS and apparently as soon as you plug
> a card into the AGP slot, it disables the on board graphs, which seems
> like a good idea. I have no red. In the color adjustment you can go
> from one end of the adjustment to the other with no affect. And there
> is not even a hint of a red component in anything. I have checked the
> cabling, the seating, the obvious things. I have uninstalled and
> reinstalled a couple of times. I don't think it is a driver because
> it has no red before windows is even running.

You've tried the monitor with the on-board VGA and the red's OK, right?

Tom Lake

"B&B Musmon" <barrym@tdstelme.net> wrote in message
>I just got it, it is used but was suppose to be working. I am having
> two problem but if I can't get the first one worked out the second one
> won't matter.
>
> I have a 1.1 Athlon, SIS730S chipset on a Socket "A". I made sure I
> have the latest AGP driver from SiS and apparently as soon as you plug
> a card into the AGP slot, it disables the on board graphs, which seems
> like a good idea. I have no red. In the color adjustment you can go
> from one end of the adjustment to the other with no affect. And there
> is not even a hint of a red component in anything. I have checked the
> cabling, the seating, the obvious things. I have uninstalled and
> reinstalled a couple of times. I don't think it is a driver because
> it has no red before windows is even running. I don't want the
> hassell of sending this back. It has an adapter that changes it from
> a DVI connection to a regular VGA type connection. Not sure if that
> could be the problem or what the pin conversion is, if I had the pin
> out, I wuold ring it out.
>
> Does anyone know of anything I can try to get this working?
>
> The second problem is I don't see any video for the video capture,
> which was the whole reason I got the card.
>
> Thanks for you help.
> Barry

Check the monitor cable and connector for any damage or bent or broken pins.