Sign in with
Your question

Error 0x80070057 during clean install - cannot format partition

Last response: in Windows 7
December 6, 2010 5:37:32 AM

I have a HP pavillion dv2618ca laptop that came with a pre-installed Vista Home Premium. I've recently done a clean install of Windows 7 Professional 32-bit on it and it was working well for about a month. However, today at startup the aero look of windows suddenly failed and when i tried to restart the laptop it'd load the Hp welcome screen but not the OS.

I then inserted the Windows setup disk to attempt a repair, which it attempted to repair Boot Data problems several times but the problem was not solved. Every time I try to boot from hardrive i'd get the BSOD and the laptop would reboot, but the BSOD would flash too quickly for me to read the message. But I had managed to backup my data by clicking on Load Drivers option and do copy paste on the folders I need.

So then I tried a clean install of Windows 7 again. But when I try to format the disks I get a message that the partition cannot be formatted. When I click on next I get Windows cannot format partition on drive 0 - error 0x80070057.

I've tried to reload my Vista System Recovery Disk but I get an error, I've tried Load Drivers with the HP harddrive firmware (it doesn't recognize any driver), the HP BIOS doesn't allow me to do system configuration. I run Memory Test and Hard drive diagnostic in BIOS and both passed. I also tried to create partition with diskpart in command prompt but it seemed to made the problem worse, as now i am no longer able to create a system partion. I'm about to tear my hair out...
a b $ Windows 7
December 6, 2010 6:43:18 AM

Scan Your Computer Errors immediately and Fix Error Code 0x80070057 instantly, the professional computer registry software can help you to get rid of all kinds of potential risks of your computer and leave you a stable working environment, so do not waste your time to learn how to fix it, but start to fix it right now.
m
l
!