buffer overun

hi there ...

i am usin windows xp sp2 ...p3 800Mhz...256 ram...

i jus installed the prog areslite 1.81..after installin if i click on
programs like internet explorer/control panel/m computer ...etc..i am gettin
this error message

MICROSOFT VISUAL C++ RUNTIME LIBRARY

BUFFER OVERRUN DETECTED

location: c:/windows.....
a buffer overun ahs been detected which ahs corrupted the
internal..............................

can anyone plz tell me what is happening .. how should i get rid of this
error..plz...

akshay

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=827315

Download Ad-aware SE and scan your PC for the presence of sp­yware:

Symantec Security Check
http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/default.asp?langid=ie&venid=sym

Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=321cd7a2-6a57-4c57-a8bd-dbf62eda9671&displaylang=en

3 Simple Steps to Help Ensure the Protection of Your PC

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User
Microsoft Newsgroups

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"akshay" wrote:

| hi there ...
|
| i am usin windows xp sp2 ...p3 800Mhz...256 ram...
|
| i jus installed the prog areslite 1.81..after installin if i click on
| programs like internet explorer/control panel/m computer ...etc..i am gettin
| this error message
|
| MICROSOFT VISUAL C++ RUNTIME LIBRARY
|
| BUFFER OVERRUN DETECTED
|
| location: c:/windows.....
| a buffer overun ahs been detected which ahs corrupted the
| internal..............................
|
| can anyone plz tell me what is happening .. how should i get rid of this
| error..plz...
|
| akshay

If I were you I would delete that program and get to system restore ASAP.
This may be too late but if you don't have experince dealing with viruses and
mailware you should reinstall Windows ASAP if system restore fails. You might
have someone trying to pull an attack on you. Trust me a little tiome spent
reinstalling
your software is a cake walk compared to that. I am sorry if this scares
you but there is no time to be polite. You have to make a decission. Let us
know how you are. Best of luck. Ron J
"akshay" wrote: PS remember to get SP2 back on your machine.