New vid-cards planned for PCI-express only?

Are all video cards going to go PCI Express? I've heard rumors that the newer
ATI video cards will only be PCI Express. True?

"Wblane" <wblane@aol.combotizer> wrote in message
> Are all video cards going to go PCI Express? I've heard rumors that the
newer
> ATI video cards will only be PCI Express. True?
> -Bill (remove "botizer" to reply via email)

If they are PCI Express only with no AGP bridge of any sort, they've just
killed a ton of sales. It's too soon to retire AGP, they should give it
until at least the end of 2005. I for one, even as a gamer, won't be giving
up my AGP motherboard until I'm good and ready to do so...I won't be pushed.
Maybe not everyone, but I suspect I also speak for a lot of other people
with that statement.

True.

DaveW

Wblane wrote:

> Are all video cards going to go PCI Express? I've heard rumors that the
> newer ATI video cards will only be PCI Express. True?

For certain values of "newer".

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Andrew

On 01 Sep 2004 22:48:55 GMT, wblane@aol.combotizer (Wblane) wrote in
true AOL scaremongering style:

>Are all video cards going to go PCI Express?

Not in the forseable future.

>I've heard rumors that the newer
>ATI video cards will only be PCI Express. True?

Some will be.

Have faith in capitalism. As long as there are a large number of AGP
motherboards out there, there will be AGP video cards.

"Wblane" <wblane@aol.combotizer> wrote in message
> Are all video cards going to go PCI Express? I've heard rumors that the
newer
> ATI video cards will only be PCI Express. True?
> -Bill (remove "botizer" to reply via email)

Latest posts