Uninstalling Half Life 2 problems

I bought Half Life 2, installed it, finished it, uninstalled it, then
sold it.
However the chap that bought it from me cannot install the game as the
code is still registered to me !
Does anyone know how to fully remove it from my comp. in order to
allow another user to register it ?
4 answers Last reply
More about uninstalling half life problems

    "R D Middleton" <rdmiddleton2004@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I bought Half Life 2, installed it, finished it, uninstalled it, then
    > sold it.
    > However the chap that bought it from me cannot install the game as the
    > code is still registered to me !
    > Does anyone know how to fully remove it from my comp. in order to
    > allow another user to register it ?

    It is removed from your computer, but the code is still linked to your steam
    account. You'll have to give him your steam user name and password or it
    wont work. I'd consider logging into steam and changing your details to his
    and a generic password that he can change later himself

    On 1/13/2005 8:27 AM R D Middleton brightened our day with:

    >I bought Half Life 2, installed it, finished it, uninstalled it, then
    >sold it.
    >However the chap that bought it from me cannot install the game as the
    >code is still registered to me !
    >Does anyone know how to fully remove it from my comp. in order to
    >allow another user to register it ?

    In order to transfer HL2 you have to transfer the associated steam
    account as well.

    --
    Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
    www.inglostadt.com

    R D Middleton wrote:
    > I bought Half Life 2, installed it, finished it, uninstalled it, then
    > sold it.
    > However the chap that bought it from me cannot install the game as the
    > code is still registered to me !
    > Does anyone know how to fully remove it from my comp. in order to
    > allow another user to register it ?

    As the other posters said, you cannot remove the CD Key from your Steam
    account manually.

    the 2 ways to transfer ownership are
    1) to give him your Steam account or
    2) to contact valve and get the subscription transferred (you need to
    provide some proof of ownership)

    --
    Ben Cottrell AKA Bench

    It would only be a problem if your STEAM account is also for other games
    (original HL, Cs: CZ etc...) which You did not sell to him.
    Otherwise, just give him your STEAM account name and password and NEVER
    use it again yourself :)

    R D Middleton wrote:

    > I bought Half Life 2, installed it, finished it, uninstalled it, then
    > sold it.
    > However the chap that bought it from me cannot install the game as the
    > code is still registered to me !
    > Does anyone know how to fully remove it from my comp. in order to
    > allow another user to register it ?

Games Video Games