Skype and Windows XP Service Pack 2

My Skype is oworking only on non-SP2 machines
On SP2 machines appears the event id error 4226

The only way to make the skype loging in is removing the skype.exe from the permitted list and DISABLING WIndows firewall

I would like to use Skype on XP SP2 ith Windows Firewall turned ON with an execption to permit skype traffice

Skype works fine on my WinXP SP2 with the firewall turned on with the
skype.exe permitted.

I don't know if this will be any help:

4226 - WINS_EVT_CONFLICT_OWN_ADD_TBL
WINS could not update the Owner ID-to-Address mapping table in the
database. This means the in-memory table that maps to the database table has
gotten out of sync with the database table.
Check the application log for the Exchange component, ESENT. The WINS
database may have to be restored.

"Migration Manager" <be@see.net> wrote in message
| My Skype is oworking only on non-SP2 machines
| On SP2 machines appears the event id error 4226
|
| The only way to make the skype loging in is removing the skype.exe from
the permitted list and DISABLING WIndows firewall

| I would like to use Skype on XP SP2 ith Windows Firewall turned ON with an
execption to permit skype traffice

The error 4226 come from TCPIP source, not WINS source
The Skypes is OK, now

The procedure:

1) Install Skype
2) Remove Skype entry on Windows Firewall (app allowed to use)
3) Disable Firewall
4) Open Skype (it add the entry, automatically, on list of app permitted to use)
5) Enable Firewall
6) Skypes is OK!

Does not make sense, but...

"Tom Pepper Willett" <tompepper@mvps.org> escreveu na mensagem news:eB6Hd$$IFHA.1392@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...

Migration Manager wrote:

> My Skype is oworking only on non-SP2 machines
> On SP2 machines appears the event id error 4226
>
> The only way to make the skype loging in is removing the skype.exe
> from the permitted list and DISABLING WIndows firewall
>
> I would like to use Skype on XP SP2 ith Windows Firewall turned ON
> with an execption to permit skype traffice
Hi

Troubleshooting Windows Firewall settings in Windows XP Service Pack 2

A much more detailed version:
Troubleshooting Windows Firewall in Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a7628646-131d-4617-bf68-f0532d8db131&DisplayLang=en

The Cable Guy - February 2004
Manually Configuring Windows Firewall in Windows XP Service Pack 2
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/columns/cableguy/cg0204.mspx

Description of the Windows Firewall feature in Windows XP
Service Pack 2

Understanding Windows Firewall/Introduction (3 pages)
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/security/internet/sp2_wfintro.mspx

the 1328 page Scripting Guide: