what to do with hl2 now ?

hi,

i enjoyed the game very much but after it was
finished don´t know what to do with it. counter-
strike doesn´t do the trick with me...

deinstall while waiting for the sequel ? any
already tested & playable mods out worth
checking out ?

any hint is welcome !

cu

frank
11 answers Last reply
More about what

    "Frank" <xtc303909@gmx.de> wrote in message
    > hi,
    >
    > i enjoyed the game very much but after it was
    > finished don´t know what to do with it. counter-
    > strike doesn´t do the trick with me...
    >
    > deinstall while waiting for the sequel ? any
    > already tested & playable mods out worth
    > checking out ?
    >
    > any hint is welcome !

    What about DM?

    It hasn't been out all that long...why don't you wait a while for the
    mods...

    Unless you haev no HD space why woul dyou want to uninstall it just because
    it has been completed?

    HL1 has come on leaps and bounds with the mods and addons and is still going
    strong today so why would HL2 be different?

    GFree wrote:
    > "Frank" <xtc303909@gmx.de> wrote in message
    > > hi,
    > >
    > > i enjoyed the game very much but after it was
    > > finished don´t know what to do with it. counter-
    > > strike doesn´t do the trick with me...
    > >
    > > deinstall while waiting for the sequel ? any
    > > already tested & playable mods out worth
    > > checking out ?
    > >
    > > any hint is welcome !
    >
    > Why not... play it again?

    I agree play it again as I can almost guarantee you have not discovered
    everything the game has to offer with only one play through.

    I was still discovering secret areas and noticing little scripted
    sequences for the first time on my third play through the game.

    For such a scripted and linear game it does lend itself well to
    replayability imo.

    Frank wrote:
    > hi,
    >
    > i enjoyed the game very much but after it was
    > finished don´t know what to do with it. counter-
    > strike doesn´t do the trick with me...
    >
    > deinstall while waiting for the sequel ? any
    > already tested & playable mods out worth
    > checking out ?
    >
    > any hint is welcome !
    >
    > cu
    >

    > frank

    For me it is all about DM and TDM now, tremendous fun.
    The first spMOD is out now: http://halflife2.filefront.com/
    "Substance" It is not my cup of tea (too chaotic) Still
    there are probably some that like it.
    But there are tons of mods in the making so IMO way to
    early for a uninstall :)

    "Frank" <xtc303909@gmx.de> wrote in message
    > hi,
    >
    > i enjoyed the game very much but after it was
    > finished don´t know what to do with it. counter-
    > strike doesn´t do the trick with me...
    >
    > deinstall while waiting for the sequel ? any
    > already tested & playable mods out worth
    > checking out ?
    >
    > any hint is welcome !

    Why not... play it again?

    Crazy though, huh? That you might actually find it fun when you take more
    time to explore, try new things, and so on.

    "Frank" <xtc303909@gmx.de> wrote in message
    > hi,
    >
    > i enjoyed the game very much but after it was
    > finished don´t know what to do with it. counter-
    > strike doesn´t do the trick with me...
    >
    > deinstall while waiting for the sequel ? any
    > already tested & playable mods out worth
    > checking out ?
    >
    > any hint is welcome !
    >
    > cu
    >

    > frank

    I agree with some of the others - it's good playing it through again. I'm on
    my second time through and am discovering things I never found first time
    around. Also the Day of Defeat mod will come out in the future. That one
    will be a biggey. So there's plenty of life in that game yet.

    Frank wrote:
    > hi,
    >
    > i enjoyed the game very much but after it was
    > finished don´t know what to do with it. counter-
    > strike doesn´t do the trick with me...
    >
    > deinstall while waiting for the sequel ? any
    > already tested & playable mods out worth
    > checking out ?
    >
    > any hint is welcome !
    >
    > cu
    >

    > frank

    www.dayofdefeat.com

    The current version is still HL1 based, but everyone is eagerly
    anticipating DoD:Source and so should you.

    i´m trying these ones now, thanx !

    cu

    frank

    i left quite a few savepoints, because i want to
    back to some areas later. the attention to detail
    on some levels is awesome. thx.

    cu

    frank

    thanx to you both, if that runs smooth as hl2,
    it will be a biggie.

    cu

    frank

    Frank wrote:
    > thanx to you both, if that runs smooth as hl2,
    > it will be a biggie.

    It should hopefully run as smooth as CS:Source :)

    --
    Ben Cottrell AKA Bench

    If You like Map making, it could also make your interest in HL2 last
    longer, creating your own map and town to walk around and fight with
    combine etc....
    And don't forget Gary's Mod :)
    http://www.garry.tv/garrysmod/

    Ben Cottrell wrote:

    > Frank wrote:
    > > thanx to you both, if that runs smooth as hl2,
    > > it will be a biggie.
    >
    > It should hopefully run as smooth as CS:Source :)
    >
    > --
    > Ben Cottrell AKA Bench

Games Video Games