what to do with hl2 now ?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
January 14, 2005 12:24:04 AM

hi,

i enjoyed the game very much but after it was
finished don´t know what to do with it. counter-
strike doesn´t do the trick with me...

deinstall while waiting for the sequel ? any
already tested & playable mods out worth
checking out ?

any hint is welcome !

cu

frank

More about : hl2

Anonymous
January 14, 2005 12:24:05 AM

"Frank" <xtc303909@gmx.de> wrote in message
> hi,
>
> i enjoyed the game very much but after it was
> finished don´t know what to do with it. counter-
> strike doesn´t do the trick with me...
>
> deinstall while waiting for the sequel ? any
> already tested & playable mods out worth
> checking out ?
>
> any hint is welcome !

What about DM?

It hasn't been out all that long...why don't you wait a while for the
mods...

Unless you haev no HD space why woul dyou want to uninstall it just because
it has been completed?

HL1 has come on leaps and bounds with the mods and addons and is still going
strong today so why would HL2 be different?
Anonymous
January 14, 2005 12:53:30 AM

GFree wrote:
> "Frank" <xtc303909@gmx.de> wrote in message
> > hi,
> >
> > i enjoyed the game very much but after it was
> > finished don´t know what to do with it. counter-
> > strike doesn´t do the trick with me...
> >
> > deinstall while waiting for the sequel ? any
> > already tested & playable mods out worth
> > checking out ?
> >
> > any hint is welcome !
>
> Why not... play it again?

I agree play it again as I can almost guarantee you have not discovered
everything the game has to offer with only one play through.

I was still discovering secret areas and noticing little scripted
sequences for the first time on my third play through the game.

For such a scripted and linear game it does lend itself well to
replayability imo.
January 14, 2005 1:35:36 AM

Frank wrote:
> hi,
>
> i enjoyed the game very much but after it was
> finished don´t know what to do with it. counter-
> strike doesn´t do the trick with me...
>
> deinstall while waiting for the sequel ? any
> already tested & playable mods out worth
> checking out ?
>
> any hint is welcome !
>
> cu
>

> frank

For me it is all about DM and TDM now, tremendous fun.
The first spMOD is out now: http://halflife2.filefront.com/
"Substance" It is not my cup of tea (too chaotic) Still
there are probably some that like it.
But there are tons of mods in the making so IMO way to
early for a uninstall :)
Anonymous
January 14, 2005 7:08:17 AM

"Frank" <xtc303909@gmx.de> wrote in message
> hi,
>
> i enjoyed the game very much but after it was
> finished don´t know what to do with it. counter-
> strike doesn´t do the trick with me...
>
> deinstall while waiting for the sequel ? any
> already tested & playable mods out worth
> checking out ?
>
> any hint is welcome !

Why not... play it again?

Crazy though, huh? That you might actually find it fun when you take more
time to explore, try new things, and so on.
Anonymous
January 14, 2005 3:35:59 PM

"Frank" <xtc303909@gmx.de> wrote in message
> hi,
>
> i enjoyed the game very much but after it was
> finished don´t know what to do with it. counter-
> strike doesn´t do the trick with me...
>
> deinstall while waiting for the sequel ? any
> already tested & playable mods out worth
> checking out ?
>
> any hint is welcome !
>
> cu
>

> frank

I agree with some of the others - it's good playing it through again. I'm on
my second time through and am discovering things I never found first time
around. Also the Day of Defeat mod will come out in the future. That one
will be a biggey. So there's plenty of life in that game yet.
Anonymous
January 14, 2005 4:57:07 PM

Frank wrote:
> hi,
>
> i enjoyed the game very much but after it was
> finished don´t know what to do with it. counter-
> strike doesn´t do the trick with me...
>
> deinstall while waiting for the sequel ? any
> already tested & playable mods out worth
> checking out ?
>
> any hint is welcome !
>
> cu
>

> frank

www.dayofdefeat.com

The current version is still HL1 based, but everyone is eagerly
anticipating DoD:Source and so should you.
January 14, 2005 10:29:06 PM

i´m trying these ones now, thanx !

cu

frank
January 14, 2005 10:30:10 PM

i left quite a few savepoints, because i want to
back to some areas later. the attention to detail
on some levels is awesome. thx.

cu

frank
January 14, 2005 10:30:41 PM

thanx to you both, if that runs smooth as hl2,
it will be a biggie.

cu

frank
Anonymous
January 15, 2005 2:14:04 AM

Frank wrote:
> thanx to you both, if that runs smooth as hl2,
> it will be a biggie.

It should hopefully run as smooth as CS:Source :)

--
Ben Cottrell AKA Bench
January 15, 2005 5:44:06 PM

If You like Map making, it could also make your interest in HL2 last
longer, creating your own map and town to walk around and fight with
combine etc....
And don't forget Gary's Mod :)
http://www.garry.tv/garrysmod/

!