Having trouble with sleep again... Damn!

Goja

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2009
Hello,

I had to restore a former copy of my system since the sleep function didn't work anymore suddenly... It started going to sleep but the computer wouldn't shut down..! So after i restore, of course it worked again, and today.. It stopped! I have no idea why, what can be the reason? And how can i fix it directly...

Thanks!

Goja

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2009
It's not that, i just checked. But it's logical, why would it change suddenly? And why would restoring an older image of my Windows would fix it... It's a problem FROM windows itself, but WHAT?!! :??:

1. In device manager or power options (I can't remember which), tell Windows 7 not to disable USB when in sleep mode.
I had this same problem with my USB keyboard/mouse, so it might be worth trying.

2. If that doesn't work, take a look in your BIOS for the suspend ACPI options. There are different modes called and it's usually set to "S1 and S3", try changing it to just "S3" and see if that works.

3. Turn off hibernate mode to solve windows 7 sleep mode issue
Control panel-->Power options-->change when computer sleep--> advanced power settings and set the following options
+Sleep
Allow hybrid Sleep > Turn off
Allow wake timers > turn on/turn off try both settings

+USB
USB selective suspend > Turn on

Goja

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2009
You don't get it, it worked and stop working, i didn't change anything intentionnaly. If i restore an older image of my system, then sleep will work again. I checked all things mentionned already. A program must have changed something, but which, why and what? Hard question...