FYI:ATi Catalyst 4.8 Control Center

On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 19:15:37 +0100, "Morgan" <morgan@home.net> wrote:

>For the Control Centre.........
>
>http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=856
>
>For the reviews...........

"This means that one of the requirements for running this Control
Center is that you need Microsoft’s .NET version 1.1 to be installed
first."

No thanks.

"maggot" <maggot@no.email> wrote in message
> On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 19:15:37 +0100, "Morgan" <morgan@home.net> wrote:
>
>>For the Control Centre.........
>>
>>http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=856
>>
>>For the reviews...........
>
> "This means that one of the requirements for running this Control
> Center is that you need Microsoft's .NET version 1.1 to be installed
> first."
>
> No thanks.

What's the problem with .NET 1.1? It's just a runtime interpreter for .NET
code (just like Java runtime).

--
NoRemorse
"Expect me when you see me."

It's just trendy to refuse to use it, most people don't have any idea what
it is.

Mike

"NoRemorse" <thebummer@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "maggot" <maggot@no.email> wrote in message
>> On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 19:15:37 +0100, "Morgan" <morgan@home.net> wrote:
>>
>>>For the Control Centre.........
>>>
>>>http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=856
>>>
>>>For the reviews...........
>>
>> "This means that one of the requirements for running this Control
>> Center is that you need Microsoft's .NET version 1.1 to be installed
>> first."
>>
>> No thanks.
>>

> What's the problem with .NET 1.1? It's just a runtime interpreter for .NET
> code (just like Java runtime).
>
> --
> NoRemorse
> "Expect me when you see me."

On 9/2/2004 3:02 PM Mike P brightened our day with:

>It's just trendy to refuse to use it, most people don't have any idea what
>it is.
>
>Mike

LOL

--
History shows again and again
How nature points up the folly of men

Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
www.inglostadt.com

"maggot" <maggot@no.email> wrote in message
> On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 19:15:37 +0100, "Morgan" <morgan@home.net> wrote:
>
> >For the Control Centre.........
> >
> >http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=856
> >
> >For the reviews...........
>
> "This means that one of the requirements for running this Control
> Center is that you need Microsoft's .NET version 1.1 to be installed
> first."
>
> No thanks.

I've been developing in .NET at work for over a year. There is no reason to
be scared of it...

> > >For the Control Centre.........
> > >
> > >http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=856
> > >
> > >For the reviews...........
> >
> > "This means that one of the requirements for running this Control
> > Center is that you need Microsoft's .NET version 1.1 to be installed
> > first."
> >
> > No thanks.

> I've been developing in .NET at work for over a year. There is no reason
> be scared of it...

It's an abortion and already slated for replacement with .Net 2.0 - and I
hear it won't be backward compatible either.

On 9/2/2004 6:00 PM Enormous Genitals brightened our day with:

>"maggot" <maggot@no.email> wrote in message
>

>>On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 19:15:37 +0100, "Morgan" <morgan@home.net> wrote:
>>

>>>For the Control Centre.........
>>>
>>>http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=856
>>>
>>>For the reviews...........
>>>

>>"This means that one of the requirements for running this Control
>>Center is that you need Microsoft's .NET version 1.1 to be installed
>>first."
>>
>>No thanks.
>>

>I've been developing in .NET at work for over a year. There is no reason to
>be scared of it...

People get confused between signing up for a .NET account with MS and
the .NET developer stuff.