Rumor-new ATI Catalyst Control Center is being released to..

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 2, 2004 10:18:22 PM

Just heard a rumor that ATI is releasing a new Catalyst Control Center today
(Thursday, Sept, 2, 2004)
40MB download.

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=18218
Anonymous
September 3, 2004 2:48:10 AM

"Tod" <no_spam_me@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Just heard a rumor that ATI is releasing a new Catalyst Control Center
> today (Thursday, Sept, 2, 2004)
> 40MB download.

It's there on the ATI site, but "only"a 20MB download.

Tom Lake
September 3, 2004 4:57:28 AM

"Tom Lake" <tlake@twcny.rr.com> wrote in message
> "Tod" <no_spam_me@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > Just heard a rumor that ATI is releasing a new Catalyst Control Center
> > today (Thursday, Sept, 2, 2004)
> > 40MB download.
>
> It's there on the ATI site, but "only"a 20MB download.

Am I missing something? I didn't see anything new on their website.
Anonymous
September 3, 2004 5:19:22 AM

20MB for control center only
40MB for full download.

"Tom Lake" <tlake@twcny.rr.com> wrote in message
> "Tod" <no_spam_me@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> Just heard a rumor that ATI is releasing a new Catalyst Control Center
>> today (Thursday, Sept, 2, 2004)
>> 40MB download.
>
> It's there on the ATI site, but "only"a 20MB download.
>
> Tom Lake

Anonymous
September 3, 2004 2:48:10 PM

On Thu, 02 Sep 2004 22:48:10 GMT, "Tom Lake" <tlake@twcny.rr.com> wrote:

>"Tod" <no_spam_me@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> Just heard a rumor that ATI is releasing a new Catalyst Control Center
>> today (Thursday, Sept, 2, 2004)
>> 40MB download.
>
>It's there on the ATI site, but "only"a 20MB download.
>
>Tom Lake

pff the control center doesn't work on my machine.
a7n8x.x xp pro sp1 xp2600@333 + 9800pro
Anonymous
September 3, 2004 4:39:09 PM

emember to install the framework.net on your machine for the new control
center to function

That said, installing the control center "broke" my settings/advanced tab.
Has anyone tried accessing display settings /advanced after installing the
control center?

--
Gareee© (Gareee "at" Charter "dot" net)
Homepage:

Gareee© wrote:
> emember to install the framework.net on your machine for the new control
> center to function
>
> That said, installing the control center "broke" my settings/advanced tab.
> Has anyone tried accessing display settings /advanced after installing the
> control center?

works ok here.
I see these tabs:
- General
- Adapter
- Monitor
- Troubleshoot
- Color
- Management
- ATI CATALYST Control Center

....Wild
Anonymous
September 4, 2004 6:28:44 PM

I did Gareee and I get a bsod each time I try. The Control Center works
fine and yes I installed Framework.net.
--
Tally Ho!
Ed Forsythe

"Gareee©" <gareeeNospam!@charter.net> wrote in message
> emember to install the framework.net on your machine for the new control
> center to function
>
> That said, installing the control center "broke" my settings/advanced tab.
> Has anyone tried accessing display settings /advanced after installing the
> control center?
>
> --
> Gareee© (Gareee "at" Charter "dot" net)
> Homepage:
> http://www.fortunecity.com/tattooine/ellison/86/mainfra...
> Custom Figures, Wallpapers and more!

Anonymous
September 4, 2004 7:29:19 PM

"Ed Forsythe" <EdForsythe@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I did Gareee and I get a bsod each time I try. The Control Center works
>fine and yes I installed Framework.net.

I'm probably going to uninstall it and framework, since it really doesn't
add much new but eye candy.

--
Gareee© (Gareee "at" Charter "dot" net)
Homepage:
http://www.fortunecity.com/tattooine/ellison/86/mainfra...
Custom Figures, Wallpapers and more!
Anonymous
September 5, 2004 12:47:30 AM

You can't uninstall framework :(
--

> "Ed Forsythe" <EdForsythe@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>I did Gareee and I get a bsod each time I try. The Control Center works
>>fine and yes I installed Framework.net.
>
> I'm probably going to uninstall it and framework, since it really doesn't
> add much new but eye candy.
>

> --
> Gareee© (Gareee "at" Charter "dot" net)
> Homepage:
> http://www.fortunecity.com/tattooine/ellison/86/mainfra...
> Custom Figures, Wallpapers and more!

Anonymous
September 5, 2004 4:02:04 AM

> You can't uninstall framework :(

There's a uninstall for it in remove programs in the control panel...

--
Gareee© (Gareee "at" Charter "dot" net)
Homepage:
http://www.fortunecity.com/tattooine/ellison/86/mainfra...
Custom Figures, Wallpapers and more!
Anonymous
September 5, 2004 9:19:32 AM

"Ed Forsythe" <EdForsythe@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> You can't uninstall framework :(

Yes you can. I just did it today. Go to control panel then software and you
can unistall it.
Anonymous
September 8, 2004 5:06:09 PM

Hmmm - I seem to recall that Windows Update indicated that it couldn't be
uninstalled but you're correct I uninstalled it from "Add Remove Programs."
Sorry 'bout that :(
--
Tally Ho!
Ed Forsythe