NASCAR Racing 2003 x800 troubles

Archived from groups: rec.autos.simulators,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

I was REALLY looking forward to playing this with the graphics options
maxxed out.

I created a new XPSP2 partition and freshly installed and patched
NR2003.

I am using an x800 (Pro=>XT) with Omega's latest drivers (also P4 2.6C
1GB DDR) and when I try to configure the graphics (d3d), the config
utility just quits (even at 800x600x16).

OpenGL works but is dead slow. Other games (FarCry, NFS:U) work fine.

I've tried to find a solution on the 'net but all I read is how fast
NR2003 runs on the x800!!!

Can anyone please help??

Archived from groups: rec.autos.simulators,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

It turned out to be AtiTools!

Archived from groups: rec.autos.simulators,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

It turned out to be AtiTools!

Archived from groups: rec.autos.simulators,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

> I am using an x800 (Pro=>XT) with Omega's latest drivers (also P4 2.6C

Dumb question.... what happens if you run it as a Pro?

Alan