IadHide5.dll What is this file which is found in Temp folder

IadHide5.dll What is this file which is found in Temp folder, I'm unable to
delete this file, is it Adware,Spyware or Virus, Help needed.

Thanks in Advance
--
sk_vel
1 answer Last reply

    sk_vel wrote:

    > IadHide5.dll What is this file which is found in Temp folder, I'm
    > unable to delete this file, is it Adware,Spyware or Virus, Help
    > needed.
    >
    > Thanks in Advance

    This file is part of the Backweb application, which is generally related
    to autoupdating software. Could be harmless, could be harmful depending
    on host application. If you have an HP printer or computer for
    instance, you'll find Backweb on your system. In any case, it is a good
    idea to regularly scan your system with anti-malware tools like
    Ad-aware and Spybot Search & Destroy. You can get those two programs
    free from www.majorgeeks.com. Install them, update them, and do a scan.
    Of course you should have a current version (not earlier than 2004)
    antivirus using updated virus definitions installed and active on your
    computer.

    Malke
    --
    MS MVP - Windows Shell/User