TV with second display.

I have the same problem as a prior post (my brother). I have an 8500 AIW
with the latest drivers and running MMC 9.0 under XP Pro. Everything works
perfect. I installed an ATI 7500 PCI card for a second monitor and told XP
to extend my desktop to the other monitor. So far so good. When I try to
run ATI's TV app, I too get the error message "TV player failed to
initialize the video." I tried installing the latest Hydravision to see if
this would help out, but same thing. I figure that both being ATI cards,
this should be hassle free.
Is there any tweaks for the TV app just in case it is confused somehow? Any
suggestions would be great!

- Me

I Just noticed that the WDM drivers have disappeared after windows reboots
with 7500 card installed. I tried reinstalling the 8500 drivers then again
I tried forcing the WDM driver install. Each time I reboot, still the WDM
drivers do not show up in the device manager.

- P Xex

"Prometheus Xex" <abc@def.com> wrote in message
>I have the same problem as a prior post (my brother). I have an 8500 AIW
>with the latest drivers and running MMC 9.0 under XP Pro. Everything works
>perfect. I installed an ATI 7500 PCI card for a second monitor and told XP
>to extend my desktop to the other monitor. So far so good. When I try to
>run ATI's TV app, I too get the error message "TV player failed to
>initialize the video." I tried installing the latest Hydravision to see if
>this would help out, but same thing. I figure that both being ATI cards,
>this should be hassle free.
> Is there any tweaks for the TV app just in case it is confused somehow?
> Any suggestions would be great!
>
> - Me

Figured it out. What worked for me was to change in the Bios settings as to
what the primary monitor was. This did not work for my bro, but solved my
problem.

- Prometheus Xex